- Author: Richard Bannister
Nestopia is the current king of the NES emulation hill. It uses highly optimized cycle exact emulation, allowing it to run titles that rely on precise timing, many of which break under inferior emulators. This accurate emulation does come at a cost; Nestopia requires a minimum of a 600MHz machine for full speed; but if you have one, this the best available NES emulation for Mac.
- Support for 201 different mappers.
- Famicom Disk System (FDS) emulation.
- Support for the Zapper Light Gun.
- Support for the five most common additional sound chips.