Welcome, Guest
This time last decade...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: This time last decade...

This time last decade... 14 years, 3 months ago #277

I had recently finished beating Lavos. Y'know, just in case.
Whoaaaaa time shock.

Re:This time last decade... 14 years, 3 months ago #293

Did you mean that to be such a horrendous pun?

Lessee... 10 years ago, I was just starting to contribute to emulation.net instead of just bugging Stiles to update stuff like I'd been doing for the previous few years. Cell phones were still somewhat of a novelty, and pagers were just starting to go out of style.

Re:This time last decade... 14 years, 3 months ago #295

January 27th, 2000 was when Emuscene.com was founded, so right about this time ten years ago I was being contacted by Octavius (Bryan Mosley) asking if I wanted to help start Mac.Emuscene.com . Mac.Emuscene.com debuted on Valentine's Day of 2000, and the rest is history (including the whole emulation.net vs. mac.emuscene, macemu.com vs. mac.emuscene, and many others along the way).
Last Edit: 14 years, 3 months ago by Niemann.

Re:This time last decade... 14 years, 3 months ago #297

I was a star track athlete in high school. Man I wish I was still in that kind of shape.

Re:This time last decade... 13 years, 7 months ago #1554

I was studying to pass the university entrance exams. Back then, I thought I could design my own gaming platform or writing my own games. Right now, I survive on writing Cobol and PL/I code that runs on mainframes that cost more than I will ever be paid in my entire life.

Re:This time last decade... 13 years, 7 months ago #1561

This time last decade, I was in my last year of preschool. Haha. It's funny how this amount of time seems so huge to me, yet, for most on this forum, it's not as huge, but it's still somewhat sizable.

Re:This time last decade... 13 years, 7 months ago #1563

I'm not sure what I was doing, but I think I was about to get two weeks holidays before the final term of my first year of high school (which starts at Year 7 and ends at Year 12 in Australia).

Re:This time last decade... 13 years, 7 months ago #1566

Just finished art school and started my first job.

Re:This time last decade... 13 years, 7 months ago #1568

jack59splat59 wrote:
This time last decade, I was in my last year of preschool. Haha. It's funny how this amount of time seems so huge to me, yet, for most on this forum, it's not as huge, but it's still somewhat sizable.

It's interesting you mention that. A Physics teacher I once had talked about the phenomenon of time 'getting faster as you get older' and noted that when you're younger, a smaller amount of time is still quite a large percentage of your overall life. Consequently, by the time you're 100 years old, a year would quite insignificant.

Re:This time last decade... 13 years, 7 months ago #1571

dickmedd wrote:
jack59splat59 wrote:

It's interesting you mention that. A Physics teacher I once had talked about the phenomenon of time 'getting faster as you get older' and noted that when you're younger, a smaller amount of time is still quite a large percentage of your overall life. Consequently, by the time you're 100 years old, a year would quite insignificant.

ive never thought about that in that way... it makes too much sense

lets see, 10 years ago, i was in the 4th grade, in mrs. trokenheim's class
i hated that lady lol

Re:This time last decade... 13 years, 7 months ago #1572

Was doing the same thing I'm doing now. Designing and building websites for a living and dating my future wife. Not a lot different really other than getting married. I'm even still playing the same games, but those are from two decades ago.

Re:This time last decade... 13 years, 7 months ago #1573

Dale wrote:
[quote]dickmedd wrote:
jack59splat59 wrote:

It's probably just because 10 years ago, I was learning my alphabet and shapes and now, I'm learning Spanish and taking Algebra 2. 10 years is, obviously, a big chunk of your educational years and it's tough to think back that far when you're so young.

It's funny how time is so relevant to the person and not something that everyone can gauge as being long or short in the same way. (I hope that part makes sense.) When you speak of time with older people, it gives you such a view of how young you really are.

Time to create page: 0.19 seconds