Welcome, Guest
What systems do you own and what is your favorite?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: What systems do you own and what is your favorite?

Re:What systems do you own and what is your favorite? 14 years ago #803

I would like to see a WSC and a SwanCrystal side-by-side. My understanding was the only improvement in the Crystal was the screen, and even that wasn't upped by much. All Crystal games are color-compatible anyway.

And arcades... jetboy, I am definitely jealous. Some day I'll likely look for a restored/restorable Galaga machine, but that's about all I could probably convince anyone, myself included, to set aside space for.

Re:What systems do you own and what is your favorite? 14 years ago #811

seanstar wrote:
Some day I'll likely look for a restored/restorable Galaga machine, but that's about all I could probably convince anyone, myself included, to set aside space for.

Galaga is my favorite. If you get one, I'll be the most jealous person on Earth, and maybe the Galaxy.

P.S. Thanks for the help Jetboy. I'll probably get started on making my MAME machine soon. I already have certain ROMs downloaded that I might want to just stick on a flash drive and place on another machine. Also, your machine looks almost professional. Your idea also helped me come up with another idea. I was thinking that, instead of using more complicated stuff, I might want to get another Mac Mini and throw that inside a cabinet and build one around it using USB parts. I could also go wireless with the keyboard and mouse, so that I can exit MAME if need be. Again, thank you so much and I plan to get started on this project soon.

Re:What systems do you own and what is your favorite? 14 years ago #813

Going wireless is def the thing to do. I did it and I just set the keyboard on top of the machine next to my old TIE Fighter and Snowspeeder toys. I installed cup holders on the sides of my machine ya know to hold that Pepsi while I'm playin so I stick the mouse in the second player one. It's the little things that add to the enjoyment. Nothing like having a friend over and ask where can I put this beer and I point and he goes wow I wish they had those back in the day

Re:What systems do you own and what is your favorite? 13 years, 12 months ago #865

Just adding one to my list that I thought was of note, I have acquired a Panasonic Q this weekend. Definitely the coolest piece of gaming kit I've ever owned!

Re:What systems do you own and what is your favorite? 13 years, 10 months ago #1059

Oldest to newest:

Fairchild - Channel F w/ 2 games
Atari 2600 (x9) w/500+ games.
Exeion [spelling ???] Table top aracde.
Colecovision (x3) w/30+ games
Vectrex w/ 6 games.
Intellivision 2 w/voice and 27 games.
Atari 5200 (x2 - 2 player and 4 player version) w/2600 adapter and about 15 games.
NES w/Light Gun, and ROB! w/40 games.
Sega Master System (x3 variations) w/3D glasses and light phasers, about 35 games.
Action Max - VHS video game system.
Sega Genesis (x2 Altered Beast-Mega Drive US System and Sonic 2 system) w/too much.
Super Nintendo w/accessories and 15 games.
Turbo Graphix 16 w/6 games.
Game Gear - Got stolen by ex-girlfriend had the TV add-on too.
Sega CD (x2 tray feed and flip top) w/ 85 games.
Nintendo Gameboy (B&W) w/ 8 games.
Atari Lynx (x2 large and small) with case, screen cover and over 40 games.
Atari Jaguar w/CD (toliet ) About 20 carts and 7 CDs.
Sony Playstation One PSX-1001 unit. Original US Japan region unit. RARE! w/300 games.
Sega Saturn w/12 titles.
Nintendo 64 w/15 titles.
Nintendo Gameboy Advance w/25 games.
Sega Dreamcast w/ 150 games.
Dragons Lair on DVD to play on your DVD.
Nintendo Gamecube w/Gameboy adapter and 40 games.
Sony Playstation 2 w/ 70 games and HDD unit with broadband.
Intellivision Lives poratble unit for TV use.
Sony PSP 1001 unit w/ 80 games.
Atari Flashback 1 & 2
Nintendo DS original unit w/ 5 games.
Nintendo Wii w/homebrew mod. w/undisclosed amount of games.
VTech - VSmile motion and regular and portable, w/15 games.

Sorry, no Microsoft systems or PS3, NeoGeo or 3DO.

Favorite:
Sega CD, Sony PSP, Anything Atari.

Computing:
TI-994a with tape deck and voice mod.
Commodore 64 and Commodore 128 with all the usual junk.
Atari XT - complete.
Mac Performa 6320
Mac G3 Desktop 233.
Mac G5 PowerPC 1.8 Dual Pro.
Sony 233 Celeron PC, runs well on XP after 15 years!!!
Sony VIAO laptop 1.2 Ghz Pent 4.
486 Box o crap.

WOW...I need to sell some of this stuff.

Re:What systems do you own and what is your favorite? 13 years, 10 months ago #1060

The order per types is chronological how I got the systems.

Handheld
Nintendo GBA SP
(I gave the GBA to my niece)

Console
Sega Dreamcast
Nintendo Gamecube
Sony Playstation 2
Microsoft Xbox 360

Computers
Atari MegaSTE 4
Acorn RiscPC 600 (ARM610 upgraded to StrongARM)
PC (Pentium III 550 MHz)
BeBox (Dual 133 MHz PPC603)
Apple PowerMac G5 (Dual 2 GHz)
Apple iBook G4 (800 MHz)
Apple Mac Pro (2.93 GHz Nehalem)
Commodore 128

Yeah, I'm more of a computer guy, although I now play games mainly on the 360, with the exception of LotRO.

Re:What systems do you own and what is your favorite? 13 years, 10 months ago #1061

Oh wow, you've got a BeBox. I sometimes wonder where Apple would be today if they'd gone ahead and bought Be instead of NeXT.

Re:What systems do you own and what is your favorite? 13 years, 10 months ago #1063

HotWheel, you have my respect

Re:What systems do you own and what is your favorite? 13 years, 10 months ago #1065

Thanks...

That's what garage sales were for in the 90's. I just kept buying systems and they build up. Super Nintendo's were the hot thing back then. I'll buy your Atari for $5 and 50 games.

Re:What systems do you own and what is your favorite? 13 years, 10 months ago #1066

mossy_11 wrote:
Oh wow, you've got a BeBox.

Yes, but I'm not the original owner, rather second-second-hand. I hardly used it, but it's nice seeing the blinkenlights during boot-up.

I sometimes wonder where Apple would be today if they'd gone ahead and bought Be instead of NeXT.

Could have been interesting, but I guess that BeOS might have run into problems by now.
Some concepts were really good, others weren't really that future-proof.

Time to create page: 0.17 seconds