Welcome, Guest
You folks up for another shot at Archive.vg?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: You folks up for another shot at Archive.vg?

You folks up for another shot at Archive.vg? 10 months, 3 weeks ago #4649

Loved the original website and would love to work you guys again. I know there are a lot of video game DBs out there now, but most have a poor API and ugly design.

Re: You folks up for another shot at Archive.vg? 10 months, 3 weeks ago #4650

I had fun parsing all that data. I could have my arm twisted

Re: You folks up for another shot at Archive.vg? 10 months, 3 weeks ago #4651

Great! Anyone been in contact with Niemann at all? It's been years since I've spoken with him.

Re: You folks up for another shot at Archive.vg? 10 months, 1 week ago #4652

Obviously I'm not checking MacScene as much as I should. Sorry for the delayed response, I'll watch this thread.

I had started working on an update for MacScene using Flarum, but stalled out while working on converting the forum data here to Flarum's structure. Definitely something we can look at if there's interest.

If there was something we could do with Archive.vg that would be novel, I'd be all good to resurrect that too. The database itself was great with menace's data, and we really started getting traction with Mossy and Adam's content.

I'm all ears for some ideas.

Re: You folks up for another shot at Archive.vg? 10 months, 1 week ago #4653

I guess I'm simple to please, but something in the same vein as the original archive.vg would be a good start at least. A lot of the other game DBs out there are pretty bad/hard to use.

I stream lined getting content a few years ago by modifying OpenEmu to automatically upload screenshot captures of games. Same could be done for video recordings. So ramping up game content won't be super hard to do.

Time to create page: 0.12 seconds