Welcome, Guest
iPhone/iPod touch Game Testers Needed
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: iPhone/iPod touch Game Testers Needed

iPhone/iPod touch Game Testers Needed 14 years, 2 months ago #462

I've been getting a few complaints on my iPhone games that they are crashing on startup. I can't reproduce this problem on my iPod touch 2nd generation running iPhone OS 3 or on any version of the iPhone Simulator. Unfortunately, none of the people who say the games crash give me any useful information... e.g. what hardware they have and what OS they're running on.

So if I could get some people with different versions of iPhones and iPod touches to download my games and see if they crash on startup, I'd appreciate it. I will provide free copies of the games to anyone who will help me test. I will need you to tell me whether you have an iPhone or iPod touch, what version of iPhone/iPod touch you have, and what iPhone OS it's running.

Thanks everyone!

Re: iPhone/iPod touch Game Testers Needed 14 years, 2 months ago #463

I have an iPod Touch (2nd generation) running iPhone OS 2.2.1. I'd be happy to help.

Re: iPhone/iPod touch Game Testers Needed 14 years, 2 months ago #464

That would be great! I can't test on iPhone OS 2.2.1 other than rebooting to Leopard and running the simulator in Xcode. It's possible the crashing only happens on the physical hardware running 2.2.1. I'll send you a message with the promo codes shortly.

Re:iPhone/iPod touch Game Testers Needed 14 years, 2 months ago #465

I also have an iPod touch 2nd Generation with 2.2.1, and if you need another tester, I'd be glad to help you out.

Re:iPhone/iPod touch Game Testers Needed 14 years, 2 months ago #466

Thanks SpeedofMac. More testers is always good. I sent you a message with the codes.

Re:iPhone/iPod touch Game Testers Needed 14 years, 2 months ago #467

I have an iPhone 3G running iPhone OS 3.0 (Unwilling to update and lose tethering or jailbreak). If you still need more testers I will happily volunteer my time and hardware.

-=(Lord Crosis)=-

Re:iPhone/iPod touch Game Testers Needed 14 years, 2 months ago #468

Hi Lord Crosis, I sent you a message with the codes.

Re:iPhone/iPod touch Game Testers Needed 14 years, 2 months ago #471

I tried repeatedly opening and closing each of the games. None of them crashed on initial startup.

SoccerSlime is the only one I've managed to crash so far. Playing as the red slime on level 1 practice mode with easy difficulty, the game quit just as the ball was about to hit the ground (for the first time) on 2 out of 10 tries.

To check that it wasn't just the red slime, I also tried it with others. It crashed once in four tries using the blue slime under the same conditions.

It has crashed with sound effects both turned on and turned off, so I don't think that has any relevance.

I have no idea how to reproduce the problem - it seems completely random.

Re:iPhone/iPod touch Game Testers Needed 14 years, 2 months ago #473

Hmm... I've never seen the game crash just as the ball was going to hit the ground (or anytime else, for that matter). Can you try syncing your iPod to your computer and looking for a crash log in ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<DEVICE_NAME>. If there's one there for Soccer, can you send it to me at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ? Thanks!
Last Edit: 14 years, 2 months ago by erise.

Re:iPhone/iPod touch Game Testers Needed 14 years, 2 months ago #474

If you still need someone I've got a touch 2g v2.2.1. Just drop me a line.

Re:iPhone/iPod touch Game Testers Needed 14 years, 2 months ago #476

done

Re:iPhone/iPod touch Game Testers Needed 14 years, 2 months ago #477

I sent you the codes, Pixelcade.

Re:iPhone/iPod touch Game Testers Needed 14 years, 2 months ago #478

I've just had a quick scan through the replies and couldn't see any 1st gen iTouch users (hopefully I'm not going blind) So if that helps I'll gladly give a test! I'm on os 3.something, will have to check and get back to you!

Re:iPhone/iPod touch Game Testers Needed 14 years, 2 months ago #479

I sent you a message with the codes, dickmedd.

Thanks for mossy_11's help, I've (hopefully) fixed one of the crashes which only occurs on iPhone OS 2.2.1. There is still another iPhone OS 2.2.1 crash that I haven't fixed yet. I can't reproduce either crash on iPhone OS 3.2.

Re:iPhone/iPod touch Game Testers Needed 14 years, 2 months ago #481

I have an iPod Touch running version 3.1.2 (or whatever the newest version is). I'd be glad to help.

Re:iPhone/iPod touch Game Testers Needed 14 years, 2 months ago #483

Well, I've given it a few hours trying every combination of color/level mixed with any weird button mashy thing I can come up with, and I can't get any of them to crash here on iPhone OS 3.0.

-=(Lord Crosis)=-

Re:iPhone/iPod touch Game Testers Needed 14 years, 2 months ago #485

I sent codes to you, jack59splat59. Thanks for testing Lord Crosis. I think I have enough beta testers now. So far, I have fixed two different crashing bugs on iPhone OS 2.2.1 and haven't heard of any crashes on iPhone OS 3.x. I submitted updates to the App Store for all six slime games, so they should be up in a week or so. Hopefully all the crashing bugs are fixed now!

Re:iPhone/iPod touch Game Testers Needed 14 years, 2 months ago #486

Send you my feedback. Only 1 crash but it never happened again. Hope it helps.

Time to create page: 0.24 seconds