Welcome, Guest
Awkward Arcade
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Awkward Arcade

Awkward Arcade 7 years, 8 months ago #4256

Hello all,

It's been rather a long time since I last posted here, and I just realised that what I'm working on right now may be interesting to some MacScene members. I quit my full-time job at a UX design consultancy back at the start of this year to dedicate myself to my own creative work (and, you know, freelance stuff) full-time.

My primary project has been the Awkward Arcade, a real life experimental video arcade, showcasing games that make you move and think in ways uncommon in mainstream games culture:

I'm moving forward to work with more developers, and take it all over the place. I'm currently awaiting the outcome of several funding bids to see if I can work on it full-time for another 12 months. I hope you like it!
Last Edit: 7 years, 8 months ago by dickmedd.

Re: Awkward Arcade 7 years, 8 months ago #4257

I've seen some of your tweets about this. Didn't realise it was your main thing now.

Seems really cool. I'd love to check it out one day if I can make it over to the UK (or you bring it to Australia). It's great to see the concept of arcades has gotten new life over the last few years with ideas like this.

Re: Awkward Arcade 7 years, 8 months ago #4258

Thank you! Yep, it's been going really well so far.

The plan in the future is to take it worldwide by licensing the design, so anyone can put on an Awkward Arcade and fabricate the machines on location. I'll be doing a dry run of this fabrication method in Denmark early next year. I'd love to take it to Melbourne; I'll be in touch at some point I'm sure.

Time to create page: 0.10 seconds