Welcome, Guest
Vita recommendations?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Vita recommendations?

Vita recommendations? 10 years, 8 months ago #3776

I just got my hands on a PS Vita, along with 10 games. Anyone here have suggestions what to play first, and what to buy?

The 10 games that came bundled:

• LittleBigPlanet
  • Wipeout 2048
  • MotorStorm RC
  • Little Deviants
  • Frobisher Says
  • Ecolibrium
  • Ratchet and Clank Size Matters
  • Lemmings
  • Hungry Giraffe
  • The Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character

Re: Vita recommendations? 10 years, 8 months ago #3777

Oh god, I can't imagine Lemmings on a tiny screen being fun for anybody that doesn't have 20/20 or better vision. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech.

My wish: That good role playing games would stop coming out for portables only and start coming back to consoles. I need my RPG fix!

Re: Vita recommendations? 10 years, 8 months ago #3778

I'll let you know after I've tried. I've got a bunch of games installing right now.

I like RPGs on portables, purely because I have trouble setting the time aside to sit at my consoles or computer (same place, actually) for long enough to play through a long game...Or maybe I just get guilt trips when I try.

Re: Vita recommendations? 10 years, 8 months ago #3779

The reason I can't take RPGs on portables is my eyesight. I can easily see HD and tell the difference between 720p or 1080p, but on a tiny 2-4 inch screen reading text is a nightmare, as is picking out fine details. I don't like having to squint to play a game.

Re: Vita recommendations? 10 years, 8 months ago #3780

In the case of mobile phone and Vita/PSP, you could always make use of TV-out functionality. My vision isn't great, but I'm thankful that it's (still) good enough to cope with text and UI elements on a tiny screen.

Speaking of — Lemmings was indeed awkward on the small screen. There's a zoomed-in view, but it's still fairly small and it results in you not being able to see much of the level. Playable, sure, but not especially comfortable — I'm far more inclined to boot up the original on my computer.

Re: Vita recommendations? 10 years, 8 months ago #3781

I loved Lemmings on the Mac. Out of all of the versions made, it had the best music. It just sounded better (even though there was one track that had the infamous missing note).

Re: Vita recommendations? 10 years, 8 months ago #3798

If you like tactics games I can recommend Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions. It's a PSP remake of the original PS1 game and afaik PSP games should also run on Vita.

Re: Vita recommendations? 10 years, 8 months ago #3799

I still have my original FFT disc (which is also imaged to my HD for use in PCSX-R), so I have no inclination to buy it again, especially for a tiny system that tethers me to within two feet of my AVR if I want video out.

Time to create page: 0.14 seconds