Welcome, Guest
I think Square is doing this for ME
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: I think Square is doing this for ME

I think Square is doing this for ME 13 years, 9 months ago #1053

Well not really, but those of you whom have been around since emuscene might remember my Avatar.

toucharcade.com/2010/06/15/e3-2010-squar...t-of-mana-to-iphone/

Re:I think Square is doing this for ME 13 years, 9 months ago #1054

for real? excellent game. i'd always hoped that they would bring it to the ds like they ported chrono trigger. with multiplayer and everything.

Re:I think Square is doing this for ME 13 years, 9 months ago #1055

might just encourage me to put off getting an iPhone somewhat less long

Sadly, Mungo, I'd imagine Sword of Mana and Children of Mana decreased the pressure to do re-releases to portable. Pity, considering SoM or SD3 would probably have sold far better...

Re:I think Square is doing this for ME 13 years, 9 months ago #1056

That's cool, but I can't see how it fits with touch controls. I hope they don't just slap on a joystick and leave it at that.

(I'll probably buy it anyway.)

Re:I think Square is doing this for ME 13 years, 9 months ago #1062

I do like RPGs. If this is a good game, I might have to buy it.

Re:I think Square is doing this for ME 13 years, 9 months ago #1067

By today's standards, the story is weak. Its a different type of RPG in that it plays more like Zelda as an action rpg, however you level up, get different weapons and magic, can level up your weapons and magic (actually required for the sword to beat the game). Its definitely one of my top 10 games ever. I have beaten it more times than any RPG. In fact, I'm gonna start it again right now.

Re:I think Square is doing this for ME 13 years, 9 months ago #1072

Y'know, speaking of playing it repeatedly, I've always wondered what a 3-player speedrun team could do to that game... Almost makes me want to set up a bounty on SDA right now, if I wasn't floating over $1k in business expense, just shafted by LensCrafters, and due for both rent and a car tune-up

Re:I think Square is doing this for ME 13 years, 9 months ago #1081

I originally played this game with 3 players. Everyone always fought to no be the sprite for some reason. Looking back, we should have been fighting not to be the main character since he has no magic.

Re:I think Square is doing this for ME 13 years, 9 months ago #1128

I wouldn't mind seeing Seikendensetsu 3 (SoM2) ported to the iPhone/iPod Touch. A properly translated and better control response would make this game a blast. Still, to see SoM alive and well even today is a real joy!

Re:I think Square is doing this for ME 13 years, 9 months ago #1131

tried playing Earthworm Jim on iphone at the store the other week... it was an exercise in frustration. Onscreen control pad kinda fails for action games

Re:I think Square is doing this for ME 13 years, 9 months ago #1134

FANTASTIC! One of my top 5 fav RPGS of all time. I still would rather pull it off my shelf and play it on the SNES though. I just can't get into the screen based controllers and it's been how many years?

Time to create page: 0.17 seconds