Welcome, Guest
Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator)

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 7 months ago #1466

This is seriously bizarre. I thought it was odd that I was missing the local folder (I'm used to navigating my hidden folders, so I did check it out properly), which is why I commented on it. Looking now, it's there.
It might have to do with this being a completely fresh install of my system. Either that, or I've been hallucinating.

This time, when I tried, I got this error:
neptunus-pc:~ neptunushirt$ cd /Applications/Mupen64Plus
neptunus-pc:Mupen64Plus neptunushirt$ ./rice.sh  example.v64
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/Mupen64Plus/./Mupen64Plus.app/Contents/MacOS/mupen64plus
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/usr/local/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
./rice.sh: line 1:  5623 Trace/BPT trap          ./Mupen64Plus.app/Contents/MacOS/mupen64plus --corelib ./Mupen64Plus.app/Contents/MacOS/libmupen64plus.dylib --plugindir ./Mupen64Plus.app/Contents/MacOS --gfx mupen64plus-video-rice "$@"

Installing SDL had no effect. Scratchin' my head, right now.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 7 months ago #1467

neptunus-pc:~ neptunushirt$ cd /Applications/Mupen64Plus
neptunus-pc:Mupen64Plus neptunushirt$ ./rice.sh example.v64
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/Mupen64Plus/./Mupen64Plus.app/Contents/MacOS/mupen64plus
Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:

./rice.sh: line 1: 5623 Trace/BPT trap ./Mupen64Plus.app/Contents/MacOS/mupen64plus --corelib ./Mupen64Plus.app/Contents/MacOS/libmupen64plus.dylib --plugindir ./Mupen64Plus.app/Contents/MacOS --gfx mupen64plus-video-rice "$@"

This looks like the problem. The binary is compiled for 64-bit, but the "libSDL-1.2.0.dylib" file in your computer seems to be 32-bit.

Kind of strange because the bundle comes with a compatible libSDL-1.2.0.dylib file in it, but the executable doesn't seem to refer to it. There might be a way to compile so that the executable looks for the libraries in a different path, but I'm not sure so I'll look into that.

In the meantime, you could probably get it to work if you compiled SDL from source as 64-bit.
Last Edit: 13 years, 7 months ago by HDL.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 7 months ago #1469

Bah! I give up, for now.
Latest error:
dlopen('./Mupen64Plus.app/Contents/MacOS/libmupen64plus.dylib') error: dlopen(./Mupen64Plus.app/Contents/MacOS/libmupen64plus.dylib, 2): Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libpng14.14.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/Mupen64Plus/Mupen64Plus.app/Contents/MacOS/libmupen64plus.dylib
  Reason: image not found
dlopen('./libmupen64plus.dylib') error: dlopen(./libmupen64plus.dylib, 2): image not found
AttachCoreLib() Error: failed to find Mupen64Plus Core library

I do get the ASCII art logo in the Terminal now, though.

I hope this stuff gets a little more user-friendly some time soon.
I might try this again a little later. Thanks for your help, HDL.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 7 months ago #1470

After some researching, and asking the guy from the Mupen64Plus team that manages the OS X builds, I made a "proper" bundle this time:

www.megaupload.com/?d=MTOYL30V

I did everything according to his instructions, since apparently bundling dynamic libraries in OS X is kind of finicky and has to be done a specific way. If this doesn't work for you, I'll have to ask him what's up, because I did it just like the way he did for the official package.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 7 months ago #1471

That seems to have done the trick! The example file starts up and renders fine. : )
Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 7 months ago #1476

I have a new error trying to launch games on this. This comes from the terminal after trying to launch a game.

Last login: Mon Aug 23 09:45:44 on ttys000
cd '/Applications/Mupen64Plus/SpeedofMac MP64+ Launcher.app/Contents/Resources' && ./run_rice.sh '/Applications/Mupen64Plus/Roms//Super Mario 64 (U) [!].z64'
./run_rice.sh: line 1: ./mupen64plus.app/Contents/MacOS/mupen64plus: Bad CPU type in executable

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 7 months ago #1478

Hmm... that's rather odd. Has this happened before?

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 7 months ago #1479

Any particular reason you're trying to run a GUI front-end in the shell? I've never gotten an error like that when running the GUI normally.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 7 months ago #1480

I am just running speedofmac's frontend launcher. I am not sure what is going on though. The terminal window comes up when I use the launcher.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 7 months ago #1481

It's been a while since I used the GUI. Normally I use what I compiled from latest sources in the shell, so I re-downloaded the GUI and there definitely have been changes made to it, as confirmed by the new creation date of the bundle.

I haven't been able to recreate your problem, though. The only peculiar thing that happens with me is that the GUI fails to load one specific game (one it was able to load previously), but every other game loads fine.

Just in case, I checked Activity Monitor and this bundle, as well as the emulator itself, are both 64-bit. If your computer is 64-bit, and you haven't altered the package in any way, I'm really not sure what could be causing it.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 7 months ago #1482

What operating system and kernel are you using?

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 7 months ago #1487

I'm using 10.6.4 and 32 Bit

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 7 months ago #1507

I'm not sure why that's causing an error, but I'm undergoing a pretty huge cleanup and beef-up of the launcher right now. If you have feature requests or bugs to report, I'm trying to keep them somewhat consolidated at http://speedofmac.com/blog/speedofmac-mp...her-feature-request/, but I'll try to remember them if you give them to me some other way.

In the meantime, here are some things to look forward to when I release the new version of the launcher in a few days:
  • New save state browser with the ability to delete and launch save states (this will take a bit of work, so I'd call the save state launching a beta feature for now. It is working for some game titles already, though)
  • Save state backup feature
  • Cleaner and more concise AppleScript code
  • Improved preferences (replaced buttons with checkboxes where appropriate; more preferences saved between sessions)
  • Pressing 'Return' opens the selected rom in the rom browser
  • New icon:

mupen_launcher_icon.png

I'm pretty excited about this upgrade, and I hope that it cures more headaches than it solves!
Last Edit: 13 years, 7 months ago by ConsoleEmu.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 7 months ago #1514

Wow, excellent! I like the icon : )

Is there any chance of a GUI for mapping controls, some day? I've got a gamepad that's just itching for some N64 without having to boot up in Windows. I know it's possible to map gamepads by modifying one of those text-file-doohickeys, but I get along with GUIs much better.

Thanks for your hard work!

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 7 months ago #1522

Here's what I'd like to see:

-Inclusion of the M64P bundle I uploaded, which is much more updated than the official package (except if you make a separate 32-bit package, mine is 64-bit only). -Option to choose which video plugin is default (or at least remember the last plugin used the next time you run the app). -If you're going to have Terminal open up, make it so that it doesn't open more than one shell window. -Fix the launcher not wanting to run games with an apostrophe in their name.

I guess that's all for now.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 7 months ago #1523

Neptúnus Hirt wrote:
Wow, excellent! I like the icon : )

Is there any chance of a GUI for mapping controls, some day? I've got a gamepad that's just itching for some N64 without having to boot up in Windows. I know it's possible to map gamepads by modifying one of those text-file-doohickeys, but I get along with GUIs much better.

Thanks for your hard work!

Thanks for the encouragement! I hacked together the icon with the help of some clip art from http://openclipart.org/. Is your gamepad not automatically discovered and configured by Mupen64+? I'm working on a GUI for configuring gamepads, but it'll be tricky. I'm thinking that it'll be a version 1.2 feature.

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /var/www/macscene/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.bbcode.php on line 209

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 7 months ago #1529

It doesn't seem so!
I looked in the configuration file and found all the different gamepad profiles. Mine is really a pair of PS2 controllers attached to a single adapter, labeled in the System Profiler as "Twin USB Joystick". My guess is that that's the string that's supposed to be surrounded with "[]" in the config list, correct?
I'll see if I can get it working based on that. : )

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 7 months ago #1537

If your gamepad isn't automatically recognised, see this page on how to submit information to the folk at Mupen to add your gamepad to the plugin for auto-recognition.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 7 months ago #1569

Here's an update on my launcher progress:

I've just added in custom resolutions and improved the save state launcher. Right now, it compares the name of the save state with the names of roms in your rom directory, so if you're shortened rom names, it won't be automatic. There's an option to choose the game to load the save state with.

If anyone's interested in testing this out, send me a message with your e-mail address and I'll send it along.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 6 months ago #1600

So I noticed that my bundle had a strange icon problem, where you'd see a white circle with a slash through it. It went away after the first time you run the emulator, but I thought it was strange and decided to look into it.

Apparently it was due to a funky property list, so I made a new one and the issue is gone. I also replaced the icon with a sliiiightly higher resolution one. Here it is in a nice disk image:

www.megaupload.com/?d=9TYPSIQ8

Enjoy.

Time to create page: 0.23 seconds