Welcome, Guest
Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator)

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 10 months ago #1078

Jabba wrote:
Edit the third: I just noticed its recognising the pad in controller port 2 hence the why it works in one and not the other. Any ideas on a resolution despite the fact I might fix it in my next edit? lol

This might seem a little silly, but have you tried changing the USB port you're plugging into? For Bluetooth, check out post 95 on this page: http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?p=432835. I hope this helps!

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 10 months ago #1100

I forgot to re edit, lol, I unplugged everything and then only put in the controller and got it working fine, imn Bluetooth mode as well

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 10 months ago #1101

New problems! I just done a fresh install of Snow Leopard and now the launcher wont open Mupen, it only works if I go to open game and select it but not from the launcher window.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 9 months ago #1167

For those who want the proper configuration for a DualShock 2 (PS2) controller using a generic USB adapter (System Profiler says manufacturer is GreenAsia. Inc.), here's how I got mine working:

[USB Joystick]
plugged = True
plugin = 2
mouse = False
AnalogDeadzone = 4096,4096
AnalogPeak = 32768,32768
DPad R = hat(0 Right)
DPad L = hat(0 Left)
DPad D = hat(0 Down)
DPad U = hat(0 Up)
Start = button(9)
Z Trig = button(4)
B Button = button(3)
A Button = button(2)
C Button R = button(1) axis(1+)
C Button L = button(6) axis(1-)
C Button D = button(7) axis(0+)
C Button U = button(0) axis(0-)
R Trig = button(5)
L Trig = button(8)
Mempak switch = 
Rumblepak switch = 
X Axis = axis(2-,2+)
Y Axis = axis(3-,3+)

The controls are as follows:

Left analog: N64 analog
Right analog: C buttons
L1: C left
L2: Z button
R1: C down
R2: R button
Select: L button
Start: Start...
Cross: A button
Square: B button
Triangle: C up
Circle: C right

Edit

After a lot of experimenting, I finally got my SFIV TE arcade stick working just right. If any of you have TE stick setup, you can use this configuration:

[Street Fighter IV FightStick TE]
plugged = True
plugin = 2
mouse = False
AnalogDeadzone = 4096,4096
AnalogPeak = 32768,32768
DPad R = 
DPad L = 
DPad D = 
DPad U = 
Start = button(4)
Z Trig = button(11)
B Button = button(13)
A Button = button(14)
C Button R = axis(4+)
C Button L = button(9)
C Button D = axis(5+)
C Button U = button(8)
R Trig = button(12)
L Trig = button(5)
Mempak switch = 
Rumblepak switch = 
X Axis = button(2,3)
Y Axis = button(0,1)

The controls for this setup (TE stick left, N64 right):

Stick (DP mode): analog stick
A: Z button
B: R button
X: B button
Y: A button
LB: C up
RB: C left
LT: C right
RT: C down
Back: L button
Start: Start...

Those buttons are for the 360 version of course, but the PS3 one will work as well. I didn't configure the pad since most 64 games don't use it (or they use it for minor things). If you're interested in using the 64 pad, you'll have to switch the stick mode. Left stick and right stick use axis inputs (you'll have to figure these out), and "digital pad" uses buttons 0, 1, 2, and 3.
Last Edit: 13 years, 9 months ago by HDL.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 9 months ago #1170

Finally, an update to Mupen64 For Mac!
Glad to see that the project is slowly progressing to Something Like snes9x.
But for my purposes, sixtyfource is still a better emulator.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 9 months ago #1175

Woohoo! Mupen64 is kinda rough around the edges with its GTK+ interface, but each update polishes it up Mupen64 is coming along swell, even sans the interface. I wrote a quick little Applescript to load ROMs and run them without a terminal. Everything is working really well on my Mini (2007).

@finkmac: I would use SixtyForce (and I do for simple quick games, i.e. Mario Kart 64) but sadly, the unregistered version does not support saves, and I am too cheap to buy a license.
Last Edit: 13 years, 9 months ago by Kuribo. Reason: Didn't realize Mupen was updated

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 9 months ago #1184

Has anyone figured out how to get Project64 save states to load in Mupen? The project leader posted this:

Richard42 wrote:
Core Emulator Library

New feature: cheat code support New feature: Keyboard shortcuts for Core commands are now user-configurable New feature: can load/save PJ64 state files Major code cleanup Removed many dependencies to simplify porting to other platforms Use XDG directory convention for file locations on Unix bugfixes: several different crashes and game incompatibilities, including collision problems in Banjo-Tooie bugfix: frame advance feature should advance every frame, instead of every vertical interrupt (every field)

I tried different things (unzipping the file, changing extensions, etc.) but I couldn't get it to load. I'm trying this while running Mupen from the shell, and pressing F7 to load the state.

Also, I might as well say that while using SpeedofMac's front-end, I couldn't get save states working at all. If I clicked "Select" and choose a state, it always reverts back to the word Select. Clicking save or load does nothing but show the visual button press, and clicking them while running a game does nothing at all. After closing the game, the effects of clicking them appear quickly (still doing nothing).

Anyone got a clue?

I was also wondering why games with spaces in the file name don't load in the shell after a command such as "--fullscreen". I've edited the plugin files to change the $1 to "$1" which lets me run games with spaces when I put the path in quotations, but not with additional settings. I tried "$*" too, and I got the same thing.

Edit: Because my posts need to be longer.

I've figured out how to change the logos of the SpeedofMac launcher and the console UI app. I like the logo from version 1.5 so I used that, except I got a much higher resolution image of it (512x512) so that it appears nice if you view it with Quick Look. Here it is for those who want it: Mupen64Plus Icon

Console UI logo

What you do is grab the Info.plist file from version 1.5 and copy it (choose the app and click "Show Package Contents" to find it), as well as the "mupen64cart.icns" file. Then go to the newer Mupen64Plus (1.99.3) and open its package contents. Paste the Info.plist file in the Contents folder, then open it with TextEdit. Wherever it shows the version number "1.5" you can go ahead and change that to 1.99.3. Put the logo and cartridge icons in the Resources folder.

I couldn't get the icon to appear just like that. What I did was open the icon file, then chose "Select All" and pressed ⌘C to copy. You can then go to the app whose icon you want to apply that to, highlight it, then press ⌘I to bring up the "Get Info" window. Highlight the icon on the top left and press ⌘V to paste.

You can also change the name so it doesn't appear as "mupen64plus" in the menu bar. In the Info.plist file, go to where it says "CFBundleName." Right underneath you should see <string>mupen64plus</string>. Change that to Mupen64Plus or whatever you want the app's name to be in the menu bar.

SpeedofMac Launcher logo

Go to Show Package Contents. In the Resources folder, replace "icon.icns" with the logo of your choice, and rename that to icon.icns.

Now when you load either of these, the logos should appear correctly in the Finder and the Dock (much better than the basic "Application" icon OS X uses).

Some people here may have known this, but I wanted to post it anyway for those who may be doing searches, lurking, etc.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 9 months ago #1191

That is an impressive post! I'm curious about the save state problems you're having.

HDL wrote:

If I clicked "Select" and choose a state, it always reverts back to the word Select. Clicking save or load does nothing but show the visual button press, and clicking them while running a game does nothing at all. After closing the game, the effects of clicking them appear quickly (still doing nothing).

Anyone got a clue?

They're working pretty well for me. Are save states working for you when you use the keyboard shortcuts instead of the launcher? (In the mupen64plus window, pressing 0-9 will activate the state, F5 will save, and F7 will load.) I haven't worked on this much in the past few months, but I'd be happy to iron out any kinks that people find. I might as well put in the nice-looking mupen logo while I'm at it!

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 9 months ago #1194

A quick list might clarify it better:

I cannot load Project 64 states no matter what I try. I can save/load native Mupen states using the keyboard while running the emulator with the shell and with your launcher, no problems there. Running the emulator with your launcher prevents me from using the launcher's UI in any way. Pressing anything on it (including the traffic lights) and using key commands result in doing absolutely nothing. Once I close the emulator, however, everything I tried to do while it was running will happen all too quickly. Clicking "Select" for the drop box and choosing a state makes it revert back to "Select." Clicking Save/Load do nothing. Running the emulator after clicking these does nothing special.

I'd also like to ask if you know how to contact the person who ported the Glide plugin to 1.99.3. It seems like it lost something during the transition from 1.5 to the current version. Here's an example:

Here's the message I get in the shell when this appears:

copyteximage 256x256 fmt 8049 old 0x0 oldfmt 1
Glide3x warning : grChromakeyValue
Glide3x warning : grChromakeyMode : unknown mode : 1
Glide3x warning : grTextCombine : unknown rgb function : 2

This doesn't happen with Glide in 1.5. I've tried editing the .ini files and even switching them, but it didn't change a thing, so I figure it must be something strange with the plugin itself. Would you know how to contact the one who ported it?

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 9 months ago #1195

HDL wrote:
A quick list might clarify it better:

I cannot load Project 64 states no matter what I try. I can save/load native Mupen states using the keyboard while running the emulator with the shell and with your launcher, no problems there. Running the emulator with your launcher prevents me from using the launcher's UI in any way. Pressing anything on it (including the traffic lights) and using key commands result in doing absolutely nothing. Once I close the emulator, however, everything I tried to do while it was running will happen all too quickly. Clicking "Select" for the drop box and choosing a state makes it revert back to "Select." Clicking Save/Load do nothing. Running the emulator after clicking these does nothing special.

Thanks for that list! Here's one in response:
  • Which commands don't work in the mupen64plus UI when my launcher is running? Shell commands? I've noticed that the traffic lights don't work alongside my launcher, which is really strange, and I'll look into it. You can still exit mupen64plus with the Escape key, though.
  • The save state buttons in my launcher were intended to be used in-game, and I should've made this clear. The select button is buggy, which I'll have to look into. If I get a bit of time, I'll see if I can get the save states working like they do in the GUI of other emulators. I might be able to hack something together, and if I do, I'll let you know!

I appreciate the feedback. This launcher is my first application, so I might be a bit over my head. ApplescriptObjC is a really impressive way of throwing together something like this, though. I have two others I should be working on a bit more, too: one acts as a launcher/config for TemplateToolkit, and the other lets you manipulate hidden files and folders--but that's neither here nor there. Back to business:

I think that the Glide plugin was ported by wahrhaft (see http://bitbucket.org/wahrhaft/mupen64plus-video-glide64/).

I hope this helps a bit!

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 9 months ago #1197

I was just about to comment on the Glide64 plugin's wonkiness (especially shown in the Conker's Bad Fur Day screenshots above). Additionally, Glide64 renders beautifully in fullscreen, yet some games that work when windowed will hang my entire system and require a reboot. Lastly, Rice's Video refuses to render in fullscreen, as previously mentioned, despite a momentary black flicker when the keyboard shortcut is invoked.

Granted, there is little I can do but help to test, so if I'm not qualified to complain then I'll shut my trap pronto.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 9 months ago #1203

SpeedofMac wrote:
Thanks for that list! Here's one in response:
  • Which commands don't work in the mupen64plus UI when my launcher is running? Shell commands? I've noticed that the traffic lights don't work alongside my launcher, which is really strange, and I'll look into it. You can still exit mupen64plus with the Escape key, though.
  • The save state buttons in my launcher were intended to be used in-game, and I should've made this clear. The select button is buggy, which I'll have to look into. If I get a bit of time, I'll see if I can get the save states working like they do in the GUI of other emulators. I might be able to hack something together, and if I do, I'll let you know!

I appreciate the feedback. This launcher is my first application, so I might be a bit over my head. ApplescriptObjC is a really impressive way of throwing together something like this, though. I have two others I should be working on a bit more, too: one acts as a launcher/config for TemplateToolkit, and the other lets you manipulate hidden files and folders--but that's neither here nor there. Back to business:

I think that the Glide plugin was ported by wahrhaft (see http://bitbucket.org/wahrhaft/mupen64plus-video-glide64/).

I hope this helps a bit!

Absolutely nothing works in the GUI while the emulator is running. Only keyboard commands for the emulator itself. And don't worry, I'm not trying to burn you at the stake for making a less-than-perfect app. Just mentioning my experience with it.

Also, I can't find wahrhaft's contact anywhere on that page you linked to. Did you happen to spot it?

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 8 months ago #1298

Is it possible for anyone to build a new binary from the current repository?

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 8 months ago #1302

HDL wrote:
Absolutely nothing works in the GUI while the emulator is running. Only keyboard commands for the emulator itself. And don't worry, I'm not trying to burn you at the stake for making a less-than-perfect app. Just mentioning my experience with it.

Also, I can't find wahrhaft's contact anywhere on that page you linked to. Did you happen to spot it?

I wish I knew what the problem is. If you find the time, would you be able to open up Console.app and see if it spits out any errors when you try to do stuff in the launcher when mupen is running?

I couldn't find wahrhaft's contact information exactly, but you can click the "send message" button on this page: http://bitbucket.org/wahrhaft. You need to sign in to send the message, but they support OpenID, so you might not have to create an account with them.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 8 months ago #1309

Console doesn't turn up anything.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 8 months ago #1454

CrispyXUK wrote:
Is it possible for anyone to build a new binary from the current repository?

I'm a bit late, I had a lot of trouble figuring out how to compile it without getting errors all over the place. Here you go:

www.megaupload.com/?d=MTOYL30V

Unfortunately I get errors when trying to compile 32-bit, so this binary only works for 64-bit Macs.

I included some extras in this that the official package does not have:

-Added the Mupen64Plus icon to the bundle so you see it in the Finder and on the dock while running the emulator. -Renamed the scripts so there's less to type out. -Edited the scripts so that they allow multiple parameters, as well as rom names with spaces, in the shell without giving errors. -Cleaned up the readme file so it's a bit easier to follow and more accurate. -Included a property list so that the bundle gives information in a similar way to native applications. -Included files with license and credits info. -Added caps to the "m" and "p" in the bundle name and the menu bar name. -Added a special cheat that fixes the pause delay in Zelda OoT. It's under (U) v1.0, but it may also work with other versions. You can edit the mupen64plus.cht file and manually copy it as needed to whichever version you use if you want to test it. -Included 3rd-party plugins: Glide64, Arachnoid, and RSP-Z64.

Everything was compiled recently, which means this package has certain changes the official one doesn't. For example:

-Mipmapping support. -Trilinear support. -Support for custom deadzone values for any axis input, not just the N64 analog. -Fog generation in Rice. -Anisotropic filtering.

Etc.

Enjoy.
Last Edit: 13 years, 8 months ago by HDL.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 8 months ago #1458

Hi HDL, thanks for doing that. I ran into one problem, though.

When I try to open Mupen64Plus.app, I get the error: "You can't open the application Mupen64Plus because it may be damaged or incomplete."

Do you know what the problem might be? I'm running the latest version of Mac OS X on a 2010 Mac Mini, if that helps any.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 8 months ago #1459

It's because this package is not an application. The development team has changed the structure of the emulator entirely, so it is now a group of libraries instead. Mupen64Plus has no GUI, you have to run it with the shell. Instructions on how to do that are in the Readme.txt file, and further documentation can be found on the official project page's wiki:

code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/w/list

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 8 months ago #1461

Doh! Sorry for the trouble.

New problem (there's always more problems, right?): Trying any of the commands listed in the ReadMe, I get this:
neptunus-pc:Mupen64Plus neptunushirt$ ./rice.sh  example.v64
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/Mupen64Plus/./Mupen64Plus.app/Contents/MacOS/mupen64plus
  Reason: image not found
./rice.sh: line 1:   950 Trace/BPT trap          ./Mupen64Plus.app/Contents/MacOS/mupen64plus --corelib ./Mupen64Plus.app/Contents/MacOS/libmupen64plus.dylib --plugindir ./Mupen64Plus.app/Contents/MacOS --gfx mupen64plus-video-rice "$@"

I notice that there's no local folder in my /usr/ directory, could that be the root of this problem? Some searching around for this problem didn't yield any results.
Sorry again for the trouble, I might just have to try this when I'm a little more focused.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 8 months ago #1465

I've never seen that error, but if you want to make sure that path exists, click on the desktop (focus on Finder) and press Shift + Command + G. Type in /usr and press Return. The usr folder should open, and it'll appear a little faded in the Finder window (normally it's hidden). Check to see if it has the local folder, and then check for the lib folder. As far as I know, this is a standard path in OS X that contains many of the libraries it uses.

Also, I don't recall if you need SDL installed to run Mupen64Plus, but you should go ahead and install it just to be sure. Go to www.libsdl.org and download it. Installing is fairly straightforward, a simple matter of drag-and-drop.

Time to create page: 0.29 seconds