Welcome, Guest
Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator)

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 7 months ago #1601

Thanks! I'll throw it into the launcher.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 7 months ago #1658

I am still getting this same error. Can not get the program to run. Any ideas?

cd '/Applications/Mupen64Plus/SpeedofMac MP64+ Launcher.app/Contents/Resources' && ./run_rice.sh '/Applications/Mupen64Plus/Roms//Super Mario 64 (U) [!].z64'
./run_rice.sh: line 1: ./mupen64plus.app/Contents/MacOS/mupen64plus: Bad CPU type in executable

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 7 months ago #1659

Seeing as you aren't speedofmac, my guess is the location is hard coded by accident.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 7 months ago #1660

Wouldn't the "Bad CPU Type in executable" mean that it was compiled as x64 and not as universal (i386/x64), and was being run on an i386 system (or vice versa)?

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 7 months ago #1667

Well, I imagine one way you can confirm whether or not it has to do with architecture is to download the 32-bit package from the official site, then replace the one that SpeedofMac's GUI contains.

As far as 64-bit goes, I finally figured out what was preventing me from compiling the Z64 video plugin. Once I fixed that it built fine, but I couldn't get video to appear using the official RSP-HLE plugin. I guess because Z64 is low-level and must be used with its own low-level RSP-Z64 counterpart. I made it so if you run the Z64 script, it will always choose the RSP and video plugins together.

Anyway, I made a new bundle with it, and likewise a new disk image. Here you go:

Mupen64Plus (64-bit only)

As far as I know, there aren't any other official or 3rd-party plugins (at the moment, at least). That makes this the most complete bundle available.
Last Edit: 13 years, 7 months ago by HDL.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 7 months ago #1668

I have a No symbol over the 64 bit Mupen so all I keep trying is the 32 Bit. Still error coming from the terminal though!

Is this an error in the compiling of the plugins in the package? I downloaded the mac os x pack from the google Mupen64Plus page.
Last Edit: 13 years, 7 months ago by iBatman.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 6 months ago #1680

What do you mean by "no symbol"?

Just for reference, I have a Santa Rosa MB, which locks the kernel to 32-bit. I have 10.6.4 as well and run 64-bit applications no problem. In fact, whenever I compile things from source, it automatically detects the architecture as 64-bit.

I spoke with the person that compiled the package on the Google page and she says that it's not enough information. No one's ever reported an issue like that, so it must be something specific within your system.

You might want to try and recall everything you did with/to your system before this error started appearing, especially if you were able to run the emulator at some point before. Also, try getting rid of "~/.config/mupen64plus" and "~/.local/share/mupen64plus" to rule those out. Mupen automatically creates those if they aren't found.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 6 months ago #1682

This is the full error I am getting once again. This is of course using SpeedofMac's Launcher.

Last login: Mon Sep 27 08:25:37 on console
cd '/Applications/Mupen64Plus/SpeedofMac MP64+ Launcher.app/Contents/Resources' && ./run_rice.sh '/Applications/Mupen64Plus/Roms//Super Mario 64 (U) [!].z64'
John-H's-iMac:~ ****$ cd '/Applications/Mupen64Plus/SpeedofMac MP64+ Launcher.app/Contents/Resources' && ./run_rice.sh '/Applications/Mupen64Plus/Roms//Super Mario 64 (U) [!].z64'
./run_rice.sh: line 1: ./mupen64plus.app/Contents/MacOS/mupen64plus: Bad CPU type in executable
John-H's-iMac:Resources ****$

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 6 months ago #1691

Yeah they said that's not enough info. Provided you have an Intel CPU there are no known reasons why you'd get that error. I can only suppose that it's something specific with your system.

Edit: For those who don't have problems getting it to work, I finally managed to compile the latest sources as a 32-bit binary. Everything built fine except the Z64 video plugin, which still gives me an error when I try to compile it 32-bit. I went ahead and made another disk image with both 64 and 32-bit included. This time I also built the audio plugin with the "libsamplerate" library, which lets you use SINC resampling (set this in the Mupen64Plus config file).

Enjoy: www.megaupload.com/?d=V0Y1KPUS
Last Edit: 13 years, 6 months ago by HDL.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 5 months ago #1853

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me out?

I'm using SpeedofMac MP64+ Launcher [Excellent], I already have VPW2 and an N64 but being able to play the game on my MacBook with my Wii Classic Controller is awesome, but there's a couple of things that i'm having problems with.

1) I can't seem to locate the save file to the game I'm currently playing [It uses battery back up, not sure if that makes a difference?]

2) I'm having some difficulty using cheat/gameshark codes.

I've changed a few things in the MUPEN64PLUS config file, ie graphics options and mapping my Classic Controller etc, so I'm not a complete noob to this, but it would be a great help to be able to back up the save file and get some gameshark codes working.

Thanks.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 4 months ago #1949

1.99.4 has been released \o/

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 4 months ago #1950

I've been asleep at the wheel! Thanks for letting us know.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 4 months ago #1951

Eh, I mentioned that in the news round-up.

Does no-one read the news posts past the bit that is shown on the front page?

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 4 months ago #1952

mossy_11 wrote:
Eh, I mentioned that in the news round-up.

Does no-one read the news posts past the bit that is shown on the front page?

I do read it, but my problem is that the forum section and most recent user written article takes up the majority of the top of the page. I simply don't see the news-round-up. Maybe make the forum section smaller, or possibly move the news section to a new table where it is readily available on the top of the loaded page? Just a suggestion based on what I experience.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 4 months ago #1953

Nope, latest forum posts sort of diverts my attention from anything on the frontpage.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 4 months ago #1954

SpeedofMac wrote:
I've been asleep at the wheel! Thanks for letting us know.
Any chance your frontend can configure save state locations and stuff? I use dropbox to keep my saves synced over different macs.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 4 months ago #1955

That isn't a bad idea. Save states are located in
~/.local/share/mupen64plus/save
. You could make this folder an alias that links to a folder in your Dropbox. If the alias is called "save", you can call the folder in your Dropbox whatever you want.

You can use
open ~/.local/share/mupen64plus
to open up the Mupen64Plus folder, and you can copy out the states and make the aliases graphically from there.
Last Edit: 13 years, 4 months ago by ConsoleEmu.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 4 months ago #1956

Cheers, in the config file it gives you an option to choose save state locations, can't get it to work though

Drives me insane that nearly all mac emulators don't give you an option of changing save state location.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 4 months ago #1967

wxMupen64plus is a proper MP64+ frontend that's currently being developed. It has some features that my little launcher will never have, like built-in plugin settings and gamepad configurations. (There is an option to specify where to save save states, but MP64+ prevents it from working.)

Here's a video of wxMupen64plus in action:

As you can see, there are a few kinks to be worked out, but it works!

Note to self: release the alpha version of my launcher before it becomes totally obsolete!

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 4 months ago #1973

Quite a bit has been updated since I posted this, including the error messages in the video. I have a bundled app kicking around if anybody's interested. It's still very much beta software (maybe alpha) and is provided with no guarantee that it won't blow up your machine and liquidate your files and whatnot.

Let me know if you want me to put up a page on how to get it up and running!

Time to create page: 0.25 seconds