Welcome, Guest
Compiled OpenEmu using the gui method...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Compiled OpenEmu using the gui method...

Compiled OpenEmu using the gui method... 8 years, 4 months ago #4123

on Github's site, then after I noticed all the !s & errors, I deleted all of it, including Xcode. Now oddly the exp[erimental OpenEmu 1.0.4 is working but when I go to play a Genesis game it says this "Couldn't Communicate With A Helper Application. Try your operation again, if that fails, quit & retry again." Which I have many times, but still gives me the same error warning. Did I mess something up while deleting all that compiled stuff? I tried to compile OpenEmu in hopes of getting new cores, like Intellivision's core & Dolphin, etc. But it had all kinds of errors on the Xcode screen, so I got frustrated & said the hell with it, deleted everything. Went & downloaded the experimental version on OpenEmu, & then got the warnings on Sega Genesis & Sega CD...but the others work fine. Before I tried to compile OpenEmu, they all worked fine, so I figured I screwed up something with the Sega Genesis, it's a download, so I have no idea why it's messed up.

Re: Compiled OpenEmu using the gui method... 8 years, 4 months ago #4125

Try deleting the Application Support/OpenEmu folder and the preferences file. Most likely, you ended up writing some settings to a config file that aren't compatible with the Experimental version.

That said, I've compiled both versions and run the downloadable binaries as well, and other than having to go into the prefs to re-enable some modules, haven't had any problems.

Hmm. Check to see that the Genesis and SCD modules are still enabled; that actually could be your problem.

Re: Compiled OpenEmu using the gui method... 8 years, 4 months ago #4129

Found a superb Openemu compiling video on YouTube that fixed all my problems. I tried compiling 4 times using OpenEmu's Github gui instructions, it had 999+ errors in it, but using the video's method had only 26 errors & all the core'd systems work great.

Re: Compiled OpenEmu using the gui method... 8 years, 4 months ago #4130

Care to share the link?

Re: Compiled OpenEmu using the gui method... 8 years, 4 months ago #4132

Was waiting for someone to ask :

It was 2 years ago, but I understood this better than Github's instructions even though they are about the same.

Time to create page: 0.11 seconds