Welcome, Guest
Kindle Fire HD 8.9"
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Kindle Fire HD 8.9"

Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 10 years, 9 months ago #3753

I'm getting one soon, I want to know if there are any GOOD emulators for Android, for N64, NES, PSX, & SNES?

Re: Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 10 years, 9 months ago #3756

Short answer: yes. Long answer: I'm not sure what they are.

I never had much interest in running emulators on my Optimus 2x. That may change if/when I get a larger, non-phone Android device, but until then I can't be bothered looking into it. Through writing about Android games I've heard bits and pieces about NES and SNES emulation being pretty rock-solid. Not sure about N64, but PlayStation emulation's meant to be good on newer devices.

Re: Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 10 years, 9 months ago #3758

Well, I went through most of the android emulators. The SNES, NES, Sega ones were alright, but I likem all better on the main computer best. ScummVM is my fav on the Android though. Mainly because the games are mostly point & click games, which on the Kindle Fire HD is standard for all the things you do on it.

Re: Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 10 years, 8 months ago #3760

For the SNES front, have you tried SNES9x EX? It's based on SNES9x and is fairly well optimized, and if you have at least a 1.2 GHz CPU you should be relatively OK for most games (except those with special DSP chips like StarFox, Yoshi's Island 2, etc).

Don't expect to get much done on the tablet with emulators though unless you can get a bluetooth controller paired with the emulator. The onscreen controls are all but useless in anything other than turn based RPGs.

Time to create page: 0.10 seconds