Welcome, Guest
iCloud save states for iPhone SNES9x
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: iCloud save states for iPhone SNES9x

iCloud save states for iPhone SNES9x 11 years, 2 months ago #3692

(Please excuse me if jailbreakjng discussions are a no no)

Just recently got an iPhone 5, and I am very new to jail breaking. Also have a Gen 1 iPad that I jailbroke.

Been running SNES9x on both, and it can search the phone for files to load. However if I switch between my phone and my iPad, I can't continue the game where I left off.

Anyone have any ideas? I have Sugarsync. Something as simple as a save folder I can access on all devices with a save state loaded there that updates automatically every time I save.

Re: iCloud save states for iPhone SNES9x 11 years, 2 months ago #3694

Not sure how automated it is, and its dropbox instead of sugarsync, but
www.idownloadblog.com/2011/03/01/fulldro...e-system-to-dropbox/

Re: iCloud save states for iPhone SNES9x 11 years, 2 months ago #3695

menace690 wrote:
Not sure how automated it is, and its dropbox instead of sugarsync, but
www.idownloadblog.com/2011/03/01/fulldro...e-system-to-dropbox/

DropBox can be a godsend, if you're careful in how you use it. For game saves where you really really do not want to mess things up, you want to set DB to use manual syncing. Automated sync can mess up your hard fought RPG grinds like you wouldn't believe if you aren't paying attention to which computer/device the file came from last.

One thing to note: If you are using any of Richard Bannister's emulators on OS X and are transferring .srm files, you need to decompress those first. They're compressed, and SNES9x will not read them until you do so (despite having .srm, they are in fact saved in .zip form, verifiable by decompressing them with Stuffit Expander).

Time to create page: 0.10 seconds