Welcome, Guest
Speedofmac....
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Speedofmac....

Speedofmac.... 11 years, 7 months ago #3512

Can anyone access the site, I can't.

Re: Speedofmac.... 11 years, 7 months ago #3513

I suspect it's in the transition phase where it's getting re-seeded to DNS cache servers. The site registration was updated three days ago, and probably hasn't propogated yet.

Domain Name: SPEEDOFMAC.COM
   Registrar: 1 & 1 INTERNET AG
   Whois Server: whois.schlund.info
   Referral URL: http://REGISTRAR.SCHLUND.INFO
   Name Server: NS57.1AND1.COM
   Name Server: NS58.1AND1.COM
   Updated Date: 15-sep-2012
   Creation Date: 17-jul-2009
   Expiration Date: 17-jul-2013

Re: Speedofmac.... 11 years, 7 months ago #3514

Re: Speedofmac.... 11 years, 6 months ago #3516

Whoops! Well, I've been scrambling to get that sorted out. Tia hit the nail on the head. I switched hosts, but the process has been anything but smooth. I'll be in touch! Keep an eye on my Twitter account for any and all updates: twitter.com/speedofmac

Re: Speedofmac.... 11 years, 6 months ago #3517

Well: I put together my new site over the past two or three days. ConsoleEmu.com is still under development but seems to be working pretty well. I don't have any guides at the moment, just resources and links for various emulators. My PCSX-Reloaded builds are up and running, though, which might be a relief for some folks. I'm certainly open to any feedback you have regarding the site!

Re: Speedofmac.... 11 years, 6 months ago #3524

Nice logo.

Good to see you back in action.

Re: Speedofmac.... 11 years, 6 months ago #3534

Why is bsnes showing up in all three of the GameBoy emulator sections?

o_O

Re: Speedofmac.... 11 years, 6 months ago #3535

mossy_11 wrote:
Nice logo.

Good to see you back in action.

Thanks! I've been out of touch recently, and I'm hoping to get back into things. The whole site was thrown together in about three days, and for someone with as little artistic ability as I have, the emu looks surprisingly emu-y.

@Tia I was under the impression that bsnes supported all of those systems (it's on the homepage). If I'm mistaken, let me know!

Re: Speedofmac.... 11 years, 6 months ago #3537

It supports them via the Super Gameboy code, but you need to keep in mind that it is not a dedicated GameBoy emulator, and that some games do not fare well in the SGB environment. You also lose multiplayer capability in that connection mode for some games.

I guess what I'm saying is that BSNES supports some GB/GBC games via proxy, and is not dedicated for such purposes. Having your page list BSNES as a GB/GBC emulator is very likely to do two things:

1) Make unknowing people think that it is in fact a dedicated emulator for the GB/GBC.

2) Potentially give Richard Bannister more headaches than he'd like responding to inquiries as to why X game isn't working like it did on that person's "real" GB/GBC. BSNES requires the Super Game Boy BIOS put in a very specific place, and does not come with it.

Also keep in mind that emulating a secondary system like the GB on top of the SNES architecture does up the system requirements some for BSNES. This isn't really too bad on modern computers, but could put borderline computers in a pickle.

KiGB is a good emulator to list as a main source for GB/GBC emulation. BSNES really isn't.

There are games though that do make use of the SGB for enhancements, so it isn't without merit. It's just that it's almost a guaranteed headache maker listing BSNES as a standalone GB/GBC emulator.
Last Edit: 11 years, 6 months ago by Squishy Tia.

Re: Speedofmac.... 11 years, 6 months ago #3538

That's not true.
First of all, bsnes was renamed to higan because it now is a multi-system emulator.
Second, it supports NES, SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS

It also supports Super GameBoy (and stuff like Satellaview) but the GameBoy Emulation isn't using that one.

Re: Speedofmac.... 11 years, 6 months ago #3539

MetalDragon wrote:
That's not true.
First of all, bsnes was renamed to higan because it now is a multi-system emulator.
Second, it supports NES, SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS

It also supports Super GameBoy (and stuff like Satellaview) but the GameBoy Emulation isn't using that one.

Since this is a Mac emulator we're talking about, you're wrong, unfortunately. BSNES does have SGB capability via the BIOS ROM, but it is not a core feature, nor is the Mac port of BSNES renamed (as of yet), or a multi-system emulator.

Re: Speedofmac.... 11 years, 6 months ago #3540

Oh well, you are talking about the port done by Bannister?
That one is damn old and not even mentioned on SpeedofMac's site. He does mention the port done by the OpenEmu team, now that one is not even publicly available as a binary, and I don't know what cores they are using or will be using.
But he is only linking to the official site from byuu, and that version does support all those systems. The new consoleemu site isn't Mac centric, so it's correct for him to state bsnes as a Game Boy emulator in every way. (even though he should rename it to Higan).

Re: Speedofmac.... 11 years, 6 months ago #3541

MetalDragon wrote:
Oh well, you are talking about the port done by Bannister?
That one is damn old and not even mentioned on SpeedofMac's site. He does mention the port done by the OpenEmu team, now that one is not even publicly available as a binary, and I don't know what cores they are using or will be using.
But he is only linking to the official site from byuu, and that version does support all those systems. The new consoleemu site isn't Mac centric, so it's correct for him to state bsnes as a Game Boy emulator in every way. (even though he should rename it to Higan).

Thanks for letting me know about the bsnes/higan name change! I've updated my site accordingly. For now, I have the reference to OpenEmu because it will support higan/bsnes for SNES emulation.

As a side note, the fully functional cores for OpenEmu seem to be (I haven't tested them all):

• BSNES
  • CrabEmu
  • FCEU
  • Gambatte
  • GenesisPlus
  • NeoPop
  • Nestopia
  • SNES9x
  • VisualBoyAdvance

Mupen64Plus and Mednafen are in the works, too. I've been playing around with latest development builds, and it's an awesome piece of software.
Last Edit: 11 years, 6 months ago by ConsoleEmu.

Re: Speedofmac.... 11 years, 6 months ago #3555

Out of nowhere, SpeedofMac.com is back online. I'll leave it up for archival purposes and until I get everything transferred over, but ConsoleEmu.com is where I'll be posting new content and latest builds.

Time to create page: 0.35 seconds