Welcome, Guest
Finding a way to run OS9 game Ferazel's Wand
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Finding a way to run OS9 game Ferazel's Wand

Finding a way to run OS9 game Ferazel's Wand 12 years, 5 months ago #2669

I've been trying to get this to work for a long time, but still the only way to play this gem of a game, is starting a computer up in OS9. Which, well, is a hassle, specially these days.

I figured SheepShaver might run it, but FW just auto-quits on launch.

If anyone has any ideas at all on how to get this to work in any emulator on any system, let me know.

Ferazel's Wand website: www.ambrosiasw.com/games/ferazel/

Re: Finding a way to run OS9 game Ferazel's Wand 12 years, 5 months ago #2670

The guys over at emaculation.com/forum can't run it either, they have a thread about this issue there.
The forum is down at the moment so I can't give you a direct and link and any further information just yet.

I really think we need a new Macintosh emulator, or at least a new team starting to work on SheepShaver again.

edit: there it is www.emaculation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5117
Last Edit: 12 years, 5 months ago by MetalDragon.

Re: Finding a way to run OS9 game Ferazel's Wand 12 years, 5 months ago #2671

Try running on PearPC with 10.4 and Rosetta?

Re: Finding a way to run OS9 game Ferazel's Wand 12 years, 5 months ago #2672

It only runs in mac os9.

Re: Finding a way to run OS9 game Ferazel's Wand 12 years, 5 months ago #2673

I'd love to get this running too. Especially with InputSprocket working properly. It's an AWESOME platformer that I wish had a port to OS X.

Re: Finding a way to run OS9 game Ferazel's Wand 12 years, 5 months ago #2674

Whoops. I forgot Classic and Rosetta were totally different things. How about 10.2 running Classic on PearPC?

Re: Finding a way to run OS9 game Ferazel's Wand 12 years, 5 months ago #2675

it doesn't run through classic well(It runs at around 2FPS in classic) which means there has to be a emulator that can run os9, that can play it.

Re: Finding a way to run OS9 game Ferazel's Wand 12 years, 5 months ago #2676

Jon God wrote:
it doesn't run through classic well(It runs at around 2FPS in classic) which means there has to be a emulator that can run os9, that can play it.

I've run it in Classic. The problem is making sure the graphics drivers load. While PowerMacs at the time did not ship with graphics cards (except the 9x00 series which had no built in graphics), they did have graphics drivers that were loaded with the OS on boot. Make sure you have QuickTime and all of its components installed - the game expects them. With that it should run in Classic.

It's getting it running on an Intel Mac that is the problem. I should make an image of the 9.0.4 Internal Edition (came with MS Office on it and was internal to Apple's employees). That may at least let me play Warlords, another of my favorite games. If only I could find a copy of Strategic Conquest 3.0 (4.0 sucks).

Re: Finding a way to run OS9 game Ferazel's Wand 12 years, 5 months ago #2678

I do have classic installed on this machine, and all of Ambrosia's games run terribly in classic. EV, Ferazel, Harry, Mars, etc.

They run, just with constant dips in framerate, down to far beyond unplayable levels.

Time to create page: 0.14 seconds