Welcome, Guest
Dolphin
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Dolphin

Dolphin 12 years, 6 months ago #2622

Does anyone know how to get this to run? I can't get Dolphin to recognize a WiiMote first off. My Mac's Bluetooth will pick it up but that's it. And, do Wii Discs work in the Mac? Or, do I need to make an image? Thx!!

Re: Dolphin 12 years, 6 months ago #2623

You must use the wiimote plugin and select real wiimote. (I haven't tested this)

Wii Discs will not read in a Mac. You will need to create an image or find one.

Found this listing for troubleshooting
code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/issues/detail?id=3135
Last Edit: 12 years, 6 months ago by menace690.

Re: Dolphin 12 years, 6 months ago #2625

I guess there is no app to allow the Mac to read a Wii disc

Re: Dolphin 12 years, 6 months ago #2626

It isn't solvable with an app. You need a very specific make of drive (LG) with a very specific firmware (only a handful had it and they are no longer made). Without that you're stuck using hacks/mods on a real Wii to dump the discs to images.

Re: Dolphin 12 years, 3 months ago #2950

I havent begun to try the Wii part of Dolphin out, I use it mainly for the Gamecube emulation. Some games won't even start that has a 4 star compatibility rating on the compatible GC game list.

Re: Dolphin 12 years, 3 months ago #2952

It's a constantly moving target. Dolphin is being worked on and updated nearly every night so some games work in one build, broken in the next and then work again in the next build after that.

The Mac version is, unfortunately not ready for serious gaming imo. It runs at a poor frame rate and the code is far from optimised. I for one hope things will get better and the work going into it is encouraging at least. Reading the forums from a Mac users perspective is painful if you seek answers, but, begrudgingly I will agree with people over that the best option is to run Dolphin on Windows for the time being.

Re: Dolphin 12 years, 3 months ago #2954

I totally disagree. We have been using Dolphin (3.0 final) for many months and we love it! Most of our GC games run fine, especially the ones we run most - Mario Kart Double Dash, etc. They are more than playable - they are fast even on the low end Mac Mini that we bought (we got one just to attach it to our 40" HDTV and play games in double native resolution)!

We are now testing on Wii game, so far we tested one - Mario Kart Wii and it is 40-50fps for single user, and half the framerate if 2 players. We just got the Wiimote to work today! Amazing!

Re: Dolphin 12 years, 3 months ago #2955

I tested whole night today and finally get not just one, but 2 Wiimotes to work!

The key is to get the Bluetooth setup in Dolphin itself! The "Refresh" button is to check for NEW Wiimote - and start pairing! Not to look for existing Wiimote!

You can't get Wii Discs to work on Mac.

Re: Dolphin 12 years, 3 months ago #2963

Well you must be doin something I'm not in the GC games part of Dolphin. What are you using for plugins & how are your prefs set up. I didnt change anything, just left everything alone & played GC games. Mario Kart ran fine...Rocky...a few others...but games like Mario Baseball, when I load it, it crashes.

Re: Dolphin 12 years, 3 months ago #2964

Here's my video that shows Dolphin running Mario Kart Wii: www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=239772042762113

Mario Kart Double Dash for GC is faster (obviously). My machine is the low end Mac Mini (which is a respectable Core i5), So it is either games specified, or the machine you used.

I do switch off frame limit, and switch on 2x native resolutions (for 720p) display. This reduce a few frames per second compared to 1x native resolution (default), but the output is awesome.

Re: Dolphin 12 years, 3 months ago #2965

You are running this on OSX Lion or a Windows partition?

Ive tested Dolphin today on my 2008 MacBook (2.53Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM) running OSX Lion and I also tested it with my MacMini which I believe is the same as yours (2.4 Ghz Core 2, 2GB RAM) running Snow Leopard...

Neither of which can run Wii games effectively for me at least. Mario Kart Wii pulls in around 10-15fps, Sonic Colors is playable, NSMB is fine up until the desert level where it runs at 5-6fps and it feels like super slow motion, and Donkey Kong Country jumps wildly from 25fps down to 10fps and the textures are messed up. GameCube games I would deem 'ok' as most are playable in the ones Ive tested. This is in a small window and not going full screen or HD.

Personally I have yet to see Dolphin playable with most games. Oddly, mileage varies for some people. Some games run ok, but from my testing and those of friends we don't recommend it to anyone as it seems hit-n-miss. Would love to know what is going on, if there is a graphics card issue or something.
Last Edit: 12 years, 3 months ago by Mucx.

Re: Dolphin 12 years, 3 months ago #2967

Here's my video of using Wiimote with Dolphin:

www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=240303762708941

Re: Dolphin 12 years, 3 months ago #2968

OS X LIon.

From your description, I think you need a faster machine. Even a low end Mac Mini is a Core i5 machine now.
Last Edit: 12 years, 3 months ago by limtc. Reason: Updated content

Re: Dolphin 12 years, 3 months ago #2970

I tried some GC Games:

- Mario Kart DD: about 30-40fps.
- Soulcalibur 2: about 50-60fps (mostly around 60fps).

Typically the game might start slow, says for Mario Kart it started around 20-30fps then it slowly become faster and sometimes reaching more than 50fps. Give it sometimes to recompile - the longer you play the game in a session, the faster it becomes.

Time to create page: 0.18 seconds