Welcome, Guest
PCSX gamepad issues
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: PCSX gamepad issues

PCSX gamepad issues 12 years, 9 months ago #2383

Ive got PCSX Reloaded on my Imac. It seems to be running well, but my Logitec gamepad is not functioning properly. The directional controls go crazy. Any plugins or tips to fix this? Should I just go buy another gamepad that definitely works with reloaded (they are cheap after all).

Re: PCSX gamepad issues 12 years, 9 months ago #2384

I have 2 Logitec Precision controllers (probably the cheapest from Logitec), seems to work fine. Not sure about other versions of the controllers.

Re: PCSX gamepad issues 12 years, 9 months ago #2386

I had some issues with the 'up' button being stuck. I fixed it by using the left analog stick instead of the d-pad. If you don't have a stick, I'm not sure what would be the best way to go about it. You could use the default keyboard bindings and then use something like ControllerMate (www.orderedbytes.com/controllermate/) to bind those keys to your gamepad.

Re: PCSX gamepad issues 12 years, 9 months ago #2387

Ok weird, had to substitute the hatswitch with the analog stick, then it still didnt work, but then when I turned off the analog stick, it activated the hatswitch... whatever works!!!!

Thanks for the help!\

BAH!!!! Ok the fix worked, but now if I defrost a state, the entire gamepad dies. Should I just get a logitec precision? Im using a dual action.
Last Edit: 12 years, 9 months ago by Zachary.

Re: PCSX gamepad issues 12 years, 9 months ago #2388

Logitech precision doesn't have analog, which makes many newer emulators unplayable. That being said, I freaking love it for super nintendo emulation.

Re: PCSX gamepad issues 12 years, 9 months ago #2389

Actually we have been using them for N64 (Sixtyforce) and GameCube (Dolphin) for quite sometimes. Probably some games might played better with analog, but most games are playable.

I am still looking around for a Dual Action - in Singapore they are now all replaced by F310 which II am not sure whether it is Mac (or emulators) compatible or not.

Re: PCSX gamepad issues 12 years, 9 months ago #2391

Zachary wrote:
BAH!!!! Ok the fix worked, but now if I defrost a state, the entire gamepad dies. Should I just get a logitec precision? Im using a dual action.

That sounds like an old problem I've encountered before. Check the main PCSX-R thread for the solution.

EDIT: Actually go to this thread.

EDIT AGAIN: Seems like the problem was solved for that user by getting the most recent version, it's coming back to me now. Probably just make sure you're at the most recent version.
Last Edit: 12 years, 9 months ago by dickmedd.

Re: PCSX gamepad issues 12 years, 9 months ago #2392

Again sorry for being so daft:

This is the link that was posted: pcsxr.codeplex.com/releases/view/50048

This is the only link that I can install: pcsxr-1.9.92-macosx.zip

If this is the same one everyone else is using, then it must be my dual action gamepad that is screwing up after I defrost a save. I dont see any other versions of PCSX for macs on that page.

Re: PCSX gamepad issues 12 years, 9 months ago #2393

Do you have something like Steermouse or USB Overdrive controlling your controller buttons outside of PCSX? If so, create a profile that disables SM/USB OD when PCSX is open. This is also required for any of Richard Bannister's emulators, as they do a low level HID grab of your devices, which conflicts with such utilities as USB OD.

Re: PCSX gamepad issues 12 years, 9 months ago #2397

Zachary wrote:
Again sorry for being so daft:

This is the link that was posted: pcsxr.codeplex.com/releases/view/50048

This is the only link that I can install: pcsxr-1.9.92-macosx.zip

If this is the same one everyone else is using, then it must be my dual action gamepad that is screwing up after I defrost a save. I dont see any other versions of PCSX for macs on that page.

SpeedOfMac keeps the most up to date versions here. I can't remember exactly what version it was fixed in but it should be in the latest version!

Time to create page: 0.15 seconds