Welcome, Guest
PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #445

All the application folder alias does is let you move an application to that folder. Using the alias is no different from moving PCSX-Reloaded to your Applications folder any other way. Have you checked to see if the folders are there after running PCSX-Reloaded? Generally, those folder are created the first time the application is opened.

Also, if your question is specific to an external website, please consider using the contact methods on the site first. I wouldn't want confusion caused by a separate website clogging up a MacScene forum!
Last Edit: 14 years, 2 months ago by ConsoleEmu.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #446

hi guys, i'm new here and not sure if this is in the right section but stay with me please

I have been using PCSX-Reloaded for a while now and everything seemed to be running smoothly (from ISO's and CD's).

I have recently downloaded vandal hearts ISO and everything works fine on the game, although the computer AI in battles takes up to 2 minutes for each enemy to take their turn, tis should be closer to 15 seconds?

I have tried different ISO files of the game and the same things keeps happening?

Anyone got any ideas? thanks in advance.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #447

Have you tried the "Parasite Eve 2, Vandal Hearts 1/2" game fix in the PCSX-Reloaded preferences menu?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #448

Yeah I have tried that fix but to no avail. It just slows down the graphics until the game starts, then the game runs fine again until the enemies turn when i'm stuck with the same issue?

Thanks for the idea though.

Any other helpers?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #449

Hey, I've downloaded PCSX from a few different sources now, and I have the BIOS, but there is no library/application/pcsx/Bios folder in my home for me to install the Bios so I can't actually get pcsx to work on my mac. I've also tried creating the pcsx/bios folder in the library/application support folder and installing the bios but it still wont work. Can anyone help? Cheers

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #450

I have checked and the folders aren't there, unfortunately. And no, my question isn't specific for an external site. I just thought (or hoped, more like) that maybe if I moved pcsx to my application folder using the alias then the folders would be created. Obviously I was wrong. Any other suggestions? Thank you

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #451

Daniel Blair wrote:
I have checked and the folders aren't there, unfortunately. And no, my question isn't specific for an external site. I just thought (or hoped, more like) that maybe if I moved pcsx to my application folder using the alias then the folders would be created. Obviously I was wrong. Any other suggestions? Thank you

You need to run PCSX once to create the folders.

Also, make sure you are looking in /Users/$YOURNAME/Library/Application Support and not /Library/Application Support (on the root of your hard drive).

Hope this helps!
Last Edit: 14 years, 2 months ago by ReddestDream.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #452

Thats it man. Legend. I was looking on the root of the drive. Thanks so much. That was killing me

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #455

A new change set of PCSX-Reloaded went up today (41219). I think the only big change was a patch for PulseAudio. I've compiled it and uploaded it. You can get to the download page from here.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #457

Some background: I have a MacBook Pro 13" unibody running Snow Leopard 10.6.2. I just downloaded the latest build of PCSX Reloaded. I have SCPH1001.bin, devildice.iso, and a Stelladaptor and an Atari Joystick.

My goal is to get the joystick controlling the d-pad in PCSX Reloaded. The Stelladaptor presents the standard USB HID (Human Input Device) to windows and the mac, so it acts like a joystick to the OS. I don't need to map keys for it, it should act like a regular stick.

I am running PCSX Reloaded on the Mac. I have it configured and loading Devil Dice okay. The controls work using the keyboard and the built-in controller plugin.

1) Is there a mac psxplugin for joysticks?

I also have the Windows version of PCSX Reloaded running under Wine (for better graphics - thanks MacScene, that's a great idea). Using Wine I'm not sure if it's possible to load the joystick plugins that require directx (direct input), or if there are better plugins to use.

so 2) is there a windows plugin for joysticks that'll work under Wine?

all i can find by googling is old windows plugins that require directinput, and nothing about macs and joysticks.

Thanks for your help!
Kim

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #461

Kim Slawson wrote:
Some background: I have a MacBook Pro 13" unibody running Snow Leopard 10.6.2. I just downloaded the latest build of PCSX Reloaded. I have SCPH1001.bin, devildice.iso, and a Stelladaptor and an Atari Joystick.

My goal is to get the joystick controlling the d-pad in PCSX Reloaded. The Stelladaptor presents the standard USB HID (Human Input Device) to windows and the mac, so it acts like a joystick to the OS. I don't need to map keys for it, it should act like a regular stick.

I am running PCSX Reloaded on the Mac. I have it configured and loading Devil Dice okay. The controls work using the keyboard and the built-in controller plugin.

1) Is there a mac psxplugin for joysticks?

I also have the Windows version of PCSX Reloaded running under Wine (for better graphics - thanks MacScene, that's a great idea). Using Wine I'm not sure if it's possible to load the joystick plugins that require directx (direct input), or if there are better plugins to use.

so 2) is there a windows plugin for joysticks that'll work under Wine?

all i can find by googling is old windows plugins that require directinput, and nothing about macs and joysticks.

Thanks for your help!
Kim

Those are some tough questions! As far as I know, the only plugin for the Mac version of PCSX-Reloaded that can handle keyboard/gamepad input is the HIDInput v0.1.0 plugin that comes native with PCSX-Reloaded. Does it accept the joystick input? I've used it with a Logitech gamepad and a PS3 controller, and it recognised them both right away. PCSX-Reloaded builds since February 1st have had some changes made to the HIDInput plugin, so if you're using a different version, it might be worth downloading the newer one (I've compiled it and posted it here).

I've been trying to figure out the answer to your second question for a few weeks now. It's definitely possible using GamePad Companion or USB Overdrive (I believe you can use USB Overdrive for free, with a slight delay when it starts), but that's mapping keys like you said. I haven't been able to find anything about using USB devices in X11 or on Wine for the Mac. I'll keep searching.

If anyone can find a way to get Wine or X11 to recognise gamepads and joysticks without mapping keys, let us know!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #487

A new change set of PCSX-Reloaded came out today. This newest version fixes problems with libcrypt copy-protected games, and it fixed some problems with Syphon Filter and Harvest Moon. As always, if you want to download and compile the latest change set, you can get the source code from the PCSX-Reloaded CodePlex site, or you can download an already-compiled binary from the PCSX-Reloaded section of SpeedofMac.com.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #488

Thanks for staying on top of things, SpeedofMac!

We all appreciate your PCSX-update posts!

Thanks!

Edit: Now, if they can just fix the FMV skipping in FFVIII and the crashing in FFIX . . .

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #489

ReddestDream wrote:
Thanks for staying on top of things, SpeedofMac!

We all appreciate your PCSX-update posts!

Thanks!

Edit: Now, if they can just fix the FMV skipping in FFVIII and the crashing in FFIX . . .

You're very welcome! It's good to know that I'm not wasting my time doing them . The folks at PCSX-Reloaded are doing all the hard work, so thanks to them!

Do you have any more details on those Final Fantasy problems? I don't think I've seen anything on them in the PCSX-Reloaded discussions or issues.

Also, a newer change set of PCSX-Reloaded was posted about an hour ago (41546), fixing a problem with Dragon Quest 7 menus, so I've updated the PCSX-Reloaded Latest page.
Last Edit: 14 years, 2 months ago by ConsoleEmu.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #490

SpeedofMac wrote:
Do you have any more details on those Final Fantasy problems? I don't think I've seen anything on them in the PCSX-Reloaded discussions or issues.

The problems with FFVIII and FFIX were present in the old 1.6pre build and still appear to be present in the PCSX-r builds (last I tried).

In FFVIII, the FMV sequences (from the opening on) skip about every 3-5 seconds. This still seems to be a problem with the newest builds,
but I need to try again with the build you posted last night (41546).

FFIX has the Dali crash problem. I don't know if this has been fixed, but it was removed from the list of problems on James Madley's blog.
I haven't tried it with newer (post-1.6pre) builds.

See James Madley's blog for more details and problems: Here.

Hope this helps!

Edit: Just tried FFVIII on PCSX-r41546 and the same problem remains. Also, there appears to a problem in the intro (before title screen) cinematic. In PCSX-r41546, the scene slows to a crawl (sound and video) and processor usage goes through the roof. On PCSX 1.6pre, the intro cinematic works fine (Good reason to keep old builds around! ). It seems to be a specific problem with the intro since other parts of the game work fine in PCSX-r41546.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #497

Just want to post again that I still can't get the newest version to run discs, original or backup. The error still comes up. ISOs work fine.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #522

A new change set of PCSX-Reloaded was posted today. This newest version made some changes to the input plugin, including changing the analog centre to 127 from 128. I'm still having trouble with "up" misfiring, but this might help some people if their analog sticks weren't working properly.

I've compiled this change set (41816) and uploaded it. You can get to the download page from here.

Enjoy!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #523

HDL wrote:
Just want to post again that I still can't get the newest version to run discs, original or backup. The error still comes up. ISOs work fine.

I'm not sure why this happens, but the PCSX-R team are aware of the problem. You can follow this issue on the PCSX-Reloaded Issue Tracker page. Converting the disks to ISOs and I think DMGs should fix your problem, but it isn't an ideal fix.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #615

Yewwo

I tried the latest version of PCSX-Reloaded from its host site linked a couple posts above this one and immediately (and we're talking faster than you can blink immediately) upon launch, I get this error:

Process: PCSX [10027]
Path: /Volumes/Tia 2/Games/PCSX Reloaded/PCSX-Reloaded 03-09-10.app/Contents/MacOS/PCSX
Identifier: com.codeplex.pcsxr
Version: ??? (???)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [73]

Date/Time: 2010-03-09 06:34:55.072 -0800
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.5 (9F33)
Report Version: 6

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
unknown required load command 0x80000022

Note: The app itself was renamed by its download date, as I do with most of my emulators (though some are release date when I have that info).

Here's the hardware I'm on:

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 7 GB
Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MP11.005C.B08
SMC Version: 1.7f10

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 3870
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x9501
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-B3390F-270
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.270
Displays:
L2410NM:
Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Rotation: Supported
Television: Yes
Display Connector:

Does the newest version not mesh with the prefs files from the older versions?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #620

That sounds like a mistake on my part! I may've built the latest build for Snow Leopard instead of for Leopard. I've uploaded a newly compiled version to http://speedofmac.com/pcsx_latest.html. If this doesn't work, we'll figure something out.

Time to create page: 0.25 seconds