Welcome, Guest
PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 3 months ago #385

It was the simple input one, and the Moody CDR plugin so i can open the isos, rar/bin files etc. Thanks for the link for PCSX reloaded, but i downloaded it but its a exe file?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 3 months ago #386

PCSX-Reloaded can load ISO/BIN/IMG files (and more) with its default CD plugin, so the Mooby CDR plugin isn't necessary. The link to download the OS X version of PCSX-Reloaded is in the "Other Available Downloads" section of the downloads page.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #390

dickmedd wrote:
SpeedofMac wrote:
Let me know if you'd like a little how-to on how to get it installed and working.

I'd be interested in some of that!

Okay! I've thrown together a little guide on how to get the Windows version of PCSX-Reloaded working on your Mac freely and legally using Wine and WineBottler. I can't claim a bit of credit for the good work people have been doing on these two projects. I hope that my how-to guide will be useful and will raise awareness of what they're doing:

SpeedofMac.com's PCSX-Reloaded (Windows) on Mac OS X Set-up Guide (second row of links)

As far as I know, this is the only free way to get better graphics for PlayStation games on your Mac. This does use a lot more RAM and CPU, but it works and it looks good. Enjoy!
Last Edit: 14 years, 2 months ago by ConsoleEmu.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #393

Thanks a lot SpeedofMac! Will get cracking with that later and let you know how I get on!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #395

dickmedd wrote:
Thanks a lot SpeedofMac! Will get cracking with that later and let you know how I get on!

I forgot to mention the best part: you can use your existing savestates and memory cards. I'm looking into a way of using an external gamepad without an external HID driver, but for now, you can use your keyboard or set up Game Pad Companion to assign those keys to a gamepad.

If you find GPU plugin configurations that work well for you or if you come across something interesting, I'm sure the forum would like to know about it.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #402

SpeedofMac wrote:

I forgot to mention the best part: you can use your existing savestates and memory cards. I'm looking into a way of using an external gamepad without an external HID driver, but for now, you can use your keyboard or set up Game Pad Companion to assign those keys to a gamepad.

If you find GPU plugin configurations that work well for you or if you come across something interesting, I'm sure the forum would like to know about it.

I've had some good results so far and it's extremely useful that I can use my existing saves. I've only tried a couple but they're looking great. Tekken 3 (NTSC) in particular looks fantastic with just the settings from your tutorial. I've had a couple of issues with Metal Gear (PAL) and Final Fantasy IX (NTSC). FFIX looks and runs well until battles then it gets slow and I have no battle menus. I'm yet to have a tweak to see if I can rectify it but I suppose it's possible that it's just my hardware.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #403

Is anyone working on porting the OpenGL plugins to OSX?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #406

SpeedofMac wrote:
PCSX-Reloaded can load ISO/BIN/IMG files (and more) with its default CD plugin, so the Mooby CDR plugin isn't necessary. The link to download the OS X version of PCSX-Reloaded is in the "Other Available Downloads" section of the downloads page.

Whoops i missed that!! So blind!! Thank you!!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #419

The default CD plugin does not seem to load CD's for me. Is there another CD plugin?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #420

CrispyXUK wrote:
Is anyone working on porting the OpenGL plugins to OSX?

I hope so! I'm not sure that anyone is, but if I had some programming experience, I really like to do so. If you have some experience or if you know someone who does, thousands of people would be appreciative of your efforts to bring Pete's excellent plugins to OS X.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #423

SpeedofMac, I have PCSX set up in Wine using your awesome guide. However, I can't make the function keys work to create the save states. I poked around in the input settings in X11 to see if that helped, but it didn't fix any thing. Any tips on how to get the save states working on a Macbook?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #425

savvos wrote:
SpeedofMac, I have PCSX set up in Wine using your awesome guide. However, I can't make the function keys work to create the save states. I poked around in the input settings in X11 to see if that helped, but it didn't fix any thing. Any tips on how to get the save states working on a Macbook?

I may've misled you by saying that you could use a "function + key" combination to save and load states. Do you know where that information is so I can fix it? Here's how you can save and load a state in the Windows version of PCSX-Reloaded:

- Press escape to go back to the PCSX window (don't worry: your game is still active)
- Select the "Emulator" menu item in the PCSX application windows
- Click "States" -> "Save" -> "Slot x", and that's all there is to it. Your state will be saved, and you should automatically be back into your game

To load a state, the procedure is the same, only choosing "Emulator -> Saves -> Load" instead of "Save".

Does that work for you?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #427

dickmedd wrote:
SpeedofMac wrote:

I've had some good results so far and it's extremely useful that I can use my existing saves. I've only tried a couple but they're looking great. Tekken 3 (NTSC) in particular looks fantastic with just the settings from your tutorial. I've had a couple of issues with Metal Gear (PAL) and Final Fantasy IX (NTSC). FFIX looks and runs well until battles then it gets slow and I have no battle menus. I'm yet to have a tweak to see if I can rectify it but I suppose it's possible that it's just my hardware.

That was a faulty configuration on my part. If in the Compatibility section you change "Off-Screen drawing" to "2: Standard - OK for most games", the FFIX battle menus will appear properly. The battles run at full speed on my 13" MacBook Pro, but it has a decent graphics card. If you're finding that the graphics are lagging, you can turn down "Texture Filtering", which should speed things up a bit.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #430

Thanks for the tip SpeedofMac. What you suggested should work for me.

I have the graphics cranked up past what you have on a X3100 Macbook with frame skipping on and it works fine for everything I tried but MGS. Even Tekken 3 seems to work well.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #436

SpeedofMac wrote:

That was a faulty configuration on my part. If in the Compatibility section you change "Off-Screen drawing" to "2: Standard - OK for most games", the FFIX battle menus will appear properly. The battles run at full speed on my 13" MacBook Pro, but it has a decent graphics card. If you're finding that the graphics are lagging, you can turn down "Texture Filtering", which should speed things up a bit.

Thanks again! I'm playing around with all my settings now and working out the perfect balance for looks/performance for all my games using both PCSX-R for Mac and for the bottled Windows version. Right now this is the best state Playstation emulation has ever been on my Mac!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #438

I found it. letsgetdugg.com/emulation/ CDR Mooby plugin for Mac. Everytime I try running a PSX CD, I get an error about could not check CD - Rom. Anyone know what's up?
Last Edit: 14 years, 2 months ago by iBatman.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #439

I believe that the CDR Mooby plugin is meant to run disk images and compressed disk images. I'm not sure if there's another plugin available that runs CDs. Originally, PCSX only ran CDs, so there wasn't a need for another plugin to do that.

Running CDs is an issue with PCSX-Reloaded, and their discussions list and issue tracking page may have some useful information soon.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #440

I've decided to start compiling the newest build of PCSX-Reloaded for Mac and making it available to download: Download the latest version of PCSX-Reloaded. I'll also start posting on this forum what big changes new releases have compared to the December 25, 2009 release.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #443

Hey, I downloaded that PCSX-Reloaded aswell as the Bios. But when I unzip it, it isn't a .app file. So the application folder alias doesn't come up for me to drag PCSX into applications (as shown on speedofmac.com). Because of this, I think, it then doesn't set up a PCSX folder in library/application support, which I need to install the Bios. Do you know why my mac isn't bringing up the application folder alias?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #444

Hey, I downloaded that PCSX-Reloaded aswell as the Bios. But when I unzip it, it isn't a .app file. So the application folder alias doesn't come up for me to drag PCSX into applications (as shown on speedofmac.com). Because of this, I think, it then doesn't set up a PCSX folder in library/application support, which I need to install the Bios. Do you know why my mac isn't bringing up the application folder alias?

Time to create page: 0.24 seconds