Welcome, Guest
PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 5 months ago #2845

OK, I've run into a bit of a conundrum here. I'd like to make my Lunar discs last as long as possible, and as such, want to make CD images of them for running via PCSX-R. Problem is, they show up as dual partition discs with one session being ISO 9660 and the other having two audio tracks.

Anybody got any bright ideas on how to deal with that so that when the time comes in game to access that data (especially the first audio track which is Luna's singing) the emulator doesn't barf all over itself because the game can't find the audio data? I already know Toast can't get it right. And I'm not sure the dd Terminal command did either.

Is there a way to make such a hybrid XA/audio disc image?

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 5 months ago #2846

Try bin/cue ?? Its been a while but I THINK that works.

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 5 months ago #2847

I would if I could get Toast to do so...

I've only ever messed with bin/cue with single ISO images/discs. This is a situation where I have the game partition and an audio partition (separate sessions) on the game disc and I'm trying to image it as a single disc so it mounts the same and appears the same to the emulator.

Unfortunately, I'm at a loss as to how to go about setting it up properly.

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 5 months ago #2853

Unmount the disc partitions (not eject) from Disk Utility then try with Toast?

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 5 months ago #2856

Two problems with that:

The first is the killer - Toast automatically remounts the partitions whenever it scans the drive. There's no getting around this unfortunately. The second problem is that Toast will auto-fail on the zero-bit error blocks found on all PSX discs.

I don't mind having to use the Dark Side to get this done, but I don't know how to do so, which is why I'm asking here.

I hate mixed mode discs....though nothing, and I mean nothing comes close to the reversed partitions of the TG16 CDs...

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 5 months ago #2857

If you still have access to a PPC machine, Astarte CD-Copy was fantastic at making backup discs. I don't think it ever failed me.

Also, have you tried having Toast do a copy of the cd instead of a disc image?

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 5 months ago #2858

Found a tool that inserts xa data into an iso...
www.neillcorlett.com/cmdpack/

Never used it.

Sorry I no longer have any PS1 discs to give this a try or to come up with a solution I can test first.

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 5 months ago #2859

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 5 months ago #2860

While Lunar 2 can be handled with BIN/CUE, you'll need something else for Lunar 1. My images for Lunar 1 were made with CloneCD (yeah, it's for Windows) and play just fine.

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 5 months ago #2863

I'll give CloneCD a try. With the partitions unmounted and using the dd if=/dev/disk3 of=/volumelinkhere/outputfile.iso command, I got a 614 MB/CD which is considerably more than the 532 MB ISO9660 partition coupled with the 32 MB XA partition.

None of this would be much of an issue if PCSX-R didn't have so many problems reading from CD/DVD drives (while reading ISOs just fine).

One quirk I did notice: PCSX-R's softGL plugin can't handle the FMV correctly (from the real Lunar disc). It shows the correct screen area, but the image is spliced. The right third of the video is on the left third of the video area and the rest of shoved over by that amount. The OpenGL plugin actually handles the video correctly, but has massive issues with stuttering sound.

Figures I'd pick one of the few games that both has issues on emulators and is on a mixed mode CD.

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 5 months ago #2868

can anybody save a megaman legends 2 freeze? Hopefully i can use it to get past the black screen? preferably at the very moment you gain control of megaman.

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 4 months ago #2871

Squishy Tia wrote:
I hate mixed mode discs....though nothing, and I mean nothing comes close to the reversed partitions of the TG16 CDs...

Heh... some ages ago I was finally able to get a hardware-playable copy of Dracula X written, but yeah, it took some work and some command-line tools. Iirc, the copy that checked out fine on the OS and was playable in MagicEngine failed after the Konami screen on hardware, but the copy made with an uglier toolchain was unusable on Mac but played fine on hardware (save for timing issues with improperly padded audio tracks)...
I'm still miffed that cdrtools on macports is broken under Lion and no maintainer can apparently be bothered to add/merget he fix already suggested on the bug thread

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 4 months ago #2872

There's two TG16 discs I'd love to have working. Gate of Thunder and Dracula: Rondo of Blood. GoT is one of the most difficult shooters out there (not counting the just stupidly ludicrous games like DoDonPachi etc). It is in fact the only game I ever played in-store and didn't beat in-store.

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 4 months ago #2874

Hi there,

I've sifted through some of the posts (ctrl+f) but I haven't found a solution for my problem!

Mac OS X Lion, PCSX-R

I load the image I have of Policenauts, I get to the game select screen (New Game, Continue, Options) and when I press the X button, the little dialogue box blinks for a second but does nothing...when I press circle the dialogue box disappears but nothing happens.

Any answers?
Last Edit: 12 years, 4 months ago by abdar.

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 4 months ago #2875

hi everybody, a bit of help if you can...

downloading this wonderful program, for some reason (probably not from your the repository) I downloaded version 1.6.

I then proceeded playing for many wonderful hours in Final Fantasy VII...

I have now installed (not overwriting the old version, I'm careful!) the last version, and I now REFUSE to restart the game

There is some way to copy the content of the simulated memeory cards onto the new version???

thanks!

alessandro

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 4 months ago #2878

alessandro wrote:
hi everybody, a bit of help if you can...

downloading this wonderful program, for some reason (probably not from your the repository) I downloaded version 1.6.

I then proceeded playing for many wonderful hours in Final Fantasy VII...

I have now installed (not overwriting the old version, I'm careful!) the last version, and I now REFUSE to restart the game

There is some way to copy the content of the simulated memeory cards onto the new version???

thanks!

alessandro

sorry,
I've been too fast... my savegames were not in the program folder, I found them!

If I may, another question: I saw that from v1.6 to v1.9 the keyboard controls changed, so I reset them the way I was used to.
But I cannot find a way to input the <ALT> key, it simply doesnt register. Do you know any workaround?

thanks! Marvelous program!

alessandro

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 4 months ago #2909

MetalDragon wrote:

Additional to that the builds from speed of mac don't work for me. I get no sound, the games I tried load only up to the main menu, but when starting the game nothing happens anymore. I tried OpenGL and SoftGL Drivers in every Version he has on his site. Nothing works.

Oh wow, I found the source of the problem, which in fact is weird because it's the Input plugin.

I have a SpeedLink Competition Pro USB Joystick and a official PS3 Dual Shock Controller.
The Competition Pro was always connected but not used with PCSXR. With just that set up everything is fine, I can play with the Keyboard, sound an graphics just work fine.
With the PS3 Controller connected (doesn't matter if Bluetooth or USB) too, I don't get any sound and the game freezes when choosing something in the Main Menu (the game I tested was Metal Gear Solid).
Unplug the Competition Pro and have only the PS3 Controller connected and restart PCSXR everything works fine again.

edit: damn it get's even more weird. When everything works, I quit PCSXR, start it again and I have the problems again, restarting PCSXR doesn't help, but what helps is unplug the controller, start PCSXR everything is fine, restart PCSXR and problems are back, plug in the controller start PCSXR everything is fine again, quit, unplug start still everything fine.
What kind of sorcery is this?

Another thing, @SpeedOfMac in your blog post from 11/06 you wrote "Visual rumble option", where would that be? I can't find a rumble option and rumble doesn't work for me.
And while at it, if you resize the Input Configuration window the Device and Type drop downs will move down and up when they should stay right where they are.

While testing the Open GL plugin I noticed that some stuff isn't working yet, like in the elevator I can't see which level is selected, and the pixelization doesn't work either which lead to a funny scene... (see attachment)
Attachments:
Last Edit: 12 years, 4 months ago by MetalDragon.

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 4 months ago #2951

Tryin to get the latest build to load but keeps crashing every time. It'll bob up & down on the dock as if it were loading then it'll vanish.

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 11 years, 7 months ago #3500

I d/led the 78211 of PSXR, games work, some freeze, but in most of them, the sound is very ugly, what can I do to put a new sound plugin into it? The latest build doesnt work well, so I just use the one before it.

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 11 years, 7 months ago #3504

This is the second recent issue involving sound with your setup. At this point I might strongly suggest you get your system checked out at an Apple Store if there's one near enough to do so - I suspect you're going to have nothing but ongoing issues until you get your logic board replaced.

Time to create page: 0.42 seconds