Welcome, Guest
PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #312

tomavery wrote:
Hello everyone! I downloaded PCSX-reloaded for intel mac and of all things, the keyboard won't work! It works fine in PCSX 1.5. The ASimpleInput plugin was missing from the package contents, so I copied it over from my PCSX app. It doesn't appear in preferences>plugins>controller. Does anyone know why and how I can fix it? It's not practical for me to use a controller, so I'd really like to get the keyboard working. Thanks in advance for your help!

Simple! Click to configure the HID input, add a controller, then double click and assign keyboard keys!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #313

tomavery wrote:
Hello everyone! I downloaded PCSX-reloaded for intel mac and of all things, the keyboard won't work! It works fine in PCSX 1.5. The ASimpleInput plugin was missing from the package contents, so I copied it over from my PCSX app. It doesn't appear in preferences>plugins>controller. Does anyone know why and how I can fix it? It's not practical for me to use a controller, so I'd really like to get the keyboard working. Thanks in advance for your help!

If you're still having trouble, you could copy the SimpleInput plugin it into the plugins directory for PCSX-Reloaded. To get to the plugins folder, go to PCSX in the Applications folder, right-click on the PCSX (Reloaded) application, select "Show Package Contents", then go to the "Contents" folder and drop the SimpleInput plugin into the "Plugins" folder. That's how I installed that plugin. Does it work for you?
Last Edit: 14 years, 2 months ago by ConsoleEmu.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #317

SpeedofMac wrote:

If you're still having trouble, you could copy the SimpleInput plugin it into the plugins directory for PCSX-Reloaded. To get to the plugins folder, go to PCSX in the Applications folder, right-click on the PCSX (Reloaded) application, select "Show Package Contents", then go to the "Contents" folder and drop the SimpleInput plugin into the "Plugins" folder. That's how I installed that plugin. Does it work for you?

This is preferable for keyboard users. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that upon defrosting a savestate the HIDinput plugin stopped working (which is also my experience), however if you use the SimpleInput plugin you should be ok (as far as I've discovered).

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #320

dickmedd wrote:
SpeedofMac wrote:

This is preferable for keyboard users. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that upon defrosting a savestate the HIDinput plugin stopped working (which is also my experience), however if you use the SimpleInput plugin you should be ok (as far as I've discovered).

You can also use an external HID driver (such as Game Pad Companion (shareware)) along with the SimpleInput plugin to use a gamepad with PCSX-Reloaded to avoid any issues with the built-in plugin. This works well for me, but I don't tend to play any two-player games or games that require the analog sticks (these aren't supported with the SimpleInput plugin).

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #323

I'm having this problem with the freeze state/defrost state, but when I try to install asimpleinput the plugin doesn't show up on the menu. I've tried installing it by dragging the .psxplugin file to the plugin folder under package contents and by double clicking on it which causes pcsx to prompt me with "do you wish to install this plugin" etc. Neither has worked so far though. If it helps, I'm using the plugins from "pcsx plugins 1.5 test 3" file. What steps should I take to properly install this plugin?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #324

Luis Lazo wrote:
If it helps, I'm using the plugins from "pcsx plugins 1.5 test 3" file. What steps should I take to properly install this plugin?

I think you need to use the SimpleInput plugin from the 1.6pre UB version of PCSX.

You can find PCSX 1.6pre here: www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversion/in...%22http:/t26827.html
(First link down the page).

Hope this helps!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #326

So what format of compressed images can be used with the new build? Can we rename the extension after so it automatically opens with PCSX?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #327

Most, if not all. I believe .img, .iso, and .bin will all work. I don't think that PCSX has a specified disk image format, but I'll see if I can come up with something for you building a Service in Automator.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #329

memory card issues

i'm using the intel version of PCSX v1.6 and i'm having two problems. the freeze states work fine, but the game freezes and quits when trying to defrost a file.

secondly, none of my iso games recognize a memory card when i try to save. the two .mcr files are in the correct application support folder, but for some reason none of the games can find them. one game, vagrant story, recognized the memory card, but could not format it.

i've had the emulator for a few years but could never get into it because i couldn't ever save my games. does anyone have any helpful tips? thanks a bunch!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #330

Jesse Gelles-Hurwitz wrote:
memory card issues

i'm using the intel version of PCSX v1.6 and i'm having two problems. the freeze states work fine, but the game freezes and quits when trying to defrost a file.

secondly, none of my iso games recognize a memory card when i try to save. the two .mcr files are in the correct application support folder, but for some reason none of the games can find them. one game, vagrant story, recognized the memory card, but could not format it.

i've had the emulator for a few years but could never get into it because i couldn't ever save my games. does anyone have any helpful tips? thanks a bunch!

Try the latest version of PCSX (1.9): Download PCSX from Softpedia. The link to the most recent version of the PCSX Reloaded source code is available at the beginning of this topic, too.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #343

Here's an Automator Service I threw together. If you right-click an image in Finder, you'll be able to choose "Launch PCSX". This will Launch PCSX and open up the Run ISO window, then all you have to do is navigate to the disk image.

Just place this file ("Launch PCSX.workflow") into your ~/Library/Services folder, then it should appear at the bottom of the list when you right-click on something in Finder. I used the version of Automator that comes with Snow Leopard, and I'm not sure of its compatibility with other versions of Automator.

This little trick should save a bit of time for those who want to jump right into a game, though. Enjoy!

Attachment Launch_PCSX.zip not found

Attachments:

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #345

Thanks for the script, one step closer to boxer style launching of games!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #349

So from the research I've done, it sounds like PCSX UB plugins work fine for PCSX Reloaded. Is this correct?

And, if that is correct, were there ever any plugins/drivers for PCSX that would enhance graphic quality like Pete's OpenGL drivers for ePSXe?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #351

savvos wrote:
So from the research I've done, it sounds like PCSX UB plugins work fine for PCSX Reloaded. Is this correct?

Yes, the PCSX UB plugins from 1.6pre also work in the PCSX Reloaded builds.

I haven't tested them all personally, but, unless differences in the graphics and audio plugin versions cause problems in newer PCSX builds, they should all work. SimpleInput I know does work.

And, if that is correct, were there ever any plugins/drivers for PCSX that would enhance graphic quality like Pete's OpenGL drivers for ePSXe?

PCSX-Reloaded 1.9.91 and some earlier builds from the old forum have newer versions of the graphics and audio plugins than are found in PCSX 1.6pre, but, to my knowledge, there are no alternative plugins besides the cdr mooby plugin and SimpleInput from older versions.

Hope this helps!
Last Edit: 14 years, 2 months ago by ReddestDream.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #355

Thanks! It's too bad no enhanced graphics plugins have been made. PSX games really benefit from it. Oh well...

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #360

Loving this emulator. Only real glaring problem I've encountered is a vertical screen tear that is visible when scrolling. Anyone else noticing this? It's only slightly better when frame skipping is on.

Anyone know of a way to eliminate the screen tear? Thanks.
Last Edit: 14 years, 2 months ago by letsburnholes.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #381

Does anybody know where the plugins can be found? A good search throws me all over the place, mainly to dead links.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #382

blueman56 wrote:
Does anybody know where the plugins can be found? A good search throws me all over the place, mainly to dead links.

Which plugins are you looking for? PCSX-Reloaded comes with plugins pre-installed (you can download PCSX Reloaded here). If you are looking for the SimpleInput controller plugin, it can be downloaded from a link in a previous post. If you are looking for additional GPU plugins, there are none currently available.

It is possible to run the Windows version of PCSX-Reloaded on Mac OS X using Wine, and then you can use Pete's plugins for great-looking graphics (see attachment).

pcsxr_windows_ff9.png

Let me know if you'd like a little how-to on how to get it installed and working.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #383

To give you an idea of the difference in graphics, here's a similar shot from PCSX-Reloaded for OS X:
pcsxr_mac_ff9.png

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #384

SpeedofMac wrote:
Let me know if you'd like a little how-to on how to get it installed and working.

I'd be interested in some of that!

Time to create page: 0.23 seconds