Welcome, Guest
.pbp file work on pcsx ps1 emulator for mac?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: .pbp file work on pcsx ps1 emulator for mac?

.pbp file work on pcsx ps1 emulator for mac? 13 years, 5 months ago #1788

Hello,

i'm new to this forum so im not entirely sure whatsup with y'all but i figured you could help

I've been trying to get a .pbp file to work in pcsx ps1 emulator on my mac
i know i need to unpackage it but i cannot find a program to do so for my mac for the life of me
the file i downloaded was this ***

so, i was wondering if anyone knows a working ps1 emulator for macs, and how to unpackage pbp files to work in said emulator?

thanks for your time
lsd.jpg
Last Edit: 13 years, 5 months ago by Niemann.

Re: .pbp file work on pcsx ps1 emulator for mac? 13 years, 5 months ago #1789

Aren't .pbp files PlayStation Portable firmware updates? They're not games, right?

For a PlayStation 1 emulator, try the following:
PCSX Reloaded (for Intel Macs): www.macscene.net/component/kunena/75-emu...-for-intel-macs.html
PCSX (for PowerPC and Intel Macs): osx.iusethis.com/app/pcsx

Re: .pbp file work on pcsx ps1 emulator for mac? 13 years, 5 months ago #1790

Squirrel wrote:
Aren't .pbp files PlayStation Portable firmware updates? They're not games, right?

All the Playstation games I've ripped and converted to play on my PSP are EBOOT.PBP files. As far as I know, there isn't away to reverse the conversion process, then again I've never looked it up.

Re: .pbp file work on pcsx ps1 emulator for mac? 13 years, 5 months ago #1791

ok, so i got rid of that file and am gonna download another copy of the game to see if it will work
i downloaded another one before and it was in a .7z file and it came with the same file in a .cue, is there any way to make that work on pcsx on a mac?

Re:.pbp file work on pcsx ps1 emulator for mac? 13 years, 5 months ago #1792

From what I understand they are simply .iso files with a bit of extra code added at the start.

If you are desperate, grab a hex editor, search for offset 00150000 and delete everything before that. Afterwards change the name to .iso and see if the file will boot with PCSX. Backup first though... if you are not good at fiddling, this could simply wreck your files.

Re:.pbp file work on pcsx ps1 emulator for mac? 13 years, 5 months ago #1793

i have no idea what i am doing but im going to go with your idea
i downloaded a hex editor and dragged the file into it, bringing up the attached image
what do from here
Picture_2.png
Last Edit: 13 years, 5 months ago by mike ternball.

Re:.pbp file work on pcsx ps1 emulator for mac? 13 years, 5 months ago #1800

First thing to do is decompress the file (it's compressed with 7zip). I believe Stuffit Expander will decompress it (does Stuffit still come with Macs?).

After you decompress the .7z file, open it with the editor you're using in the screenshot. Select the first 150000 bytes. Press delete. Save it. Rename the file so that it ends in .iso.

Try using that .iso in a PlayStation emulator.

Get Stuffit Expander here: www.stuffit.com/mac-expander.html

Re:.pbp file work on pcsx ps1 emulator for mac? 13 years, 5 months ago #1802

Out of pure curiosity I just tried the above described methods using Hex Fiend (the same hex editor being used in the above screenshot) on some of my .PBP Playstation games and had no joy. I've no reason to do any such thing myself as I make those .PBP files from .ISO files, if you're having no luck perhaps try finding an .ISO or rip the game in question yourself!

Time to create page: 0.14 seconds