Welcome, Guest
LisaEm
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: LisaEm

LisaEm 13 years, 6 months ago #1595

Well, I used to use LisaEm on my iMac G4, but when I bought my current macbook this year, it wouldn't work, so I tried downloading a new copy… but it still wouldn't work, that's when I noticed the last update date, 2008…
So, Does anybody know if lisaem is……… dead?
Last Edit: 13 years, 6 months ago by finkmac. Reason: Accidentaly posted with nothing on the page.

Re:LisaEm 13 years, 6 months ago #1599

You weren't using version 1.2.0 by chance, were you? It was the ROMless version, meaning you didn't have to have a Lisa ROM file in order to use the emulator (akin to Boycott Advance or PCSX-R's "simulate BIOS" function). Later versions appear to need the ROM file. Other than that, I'd say you're missing a file or two somewhere, but it's impossible to know because I wasn't using it on a PPC Mac then switching to an Intel Mac.

Also, the filesystem, core services, and frameworks got a major overhaul going from Panther to Tiger, and then again from Tiger to Leopard. It's entirely possible that your upgrade to a new OS also made using LisaEm impossible, or extremely frustrating.

Re:LisaEm 13 years, 6 months ago #1609

Actually, I did not explain my problem. When I launch any version, a message appears saying "couldn't open configuration file". This also happens when I click "apply" on the preferences screen.

Re:LisaEm 13 years, 6 months ago #1611

I have NO experience with this app, however, did you copy it to the applications folder? Sometimes apps are hardwired to look for files in certain locations.

Re:LisaEm 13 years, 6 months ago #1613

Maybe your configuration file and/or ROM is corrupt.

I managed to setup the emulator using this guide, so I can confirm it at least works in Snow Leopard.

Re:LisaEm 13 years, 6 months ago #1638

Where are the config files stored?

Re:LisaEm 13 years, 6 months ago #1639

In the home directory (~/)

Re:LisaEm 13 years, 6 months ago #1643

Here is the log file that could be saved :

19:03:57: Failed to create a temporary file name (error 2: No such file or directory)
19:03:57: can't open user configuration file.

(that's what was in it)

Re:LisaEm 13 years, 6 months ago #1644

That's strange. What's your configuration file called and where is it? What does the config tab in LisaEm show? Have you tried going File->Open Preferences and selecting the file (change the file type to all files if necessary).

For me its simple. The config file is at "/Users/richie/lisaem.conf"

Re:LisaEm 13 years, 6 months ago #1654

I don't think it ever saved Preferences on this Computer, because there aren't any lisaem.conf files on it…

Re:LisaEm 13 years, 6 months ago #1655

Well, the emulator is supposed to create a lisaem.conf file and a boot.rom file when you tell it where to find your Lisa ROM (which should be called "boot.hi" and be in the same directory as another file called "boot.lo". If you are renaming your ROM image be sure to do it either via command line or the Finder's get info so that the old extension is removed and not simply hidden).

You should have a file in your ~/Library/Preferences directory called "LisaEm Preferences" that stores the location of the config file (and some other attributes). What does it say?

I tried changing the value on mine to a non-existent file and LisaEm simply did a ROMless boot, so perhaps you have a corruption or permissions problem somewhere.

Re:LisaEm 13 years, 5 months ago #1725

Well, I thought I trashed Lisaem Preferences but I guess I didn't, thanks!

Time to create page: 0.16 seconds