Welcome, Guest
I'm Looking for an OS 9 version of SNES9x?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: I'm Looking for an OS 9 version of SNES9x?

I'm Looking for an OS 9 version of SNES9x? 13 years, 9 months ago #1032

Hi All, I'm shatered both emulation.net and now MacScene have lost there emulation sections. Im looking For a Mac OS 9 version of Snes9x. can anyone help out?

Re: I'm Looking for an OS 9 version of SNES9x? 13 years, 9 months ago #1033

www.zophar.net/macintosh/snes/snes9x-custom.html

I don't remember if there was a newer version than this.

Re:I'm Looking for an OS 9 version of SNES9x? 13 years, 9 months ago #1034

hmm, are you able to open that .img file? I have tried Disk utility, image mounter,Toast and OS9 disc image nothing seems to work?

Re:I'm Looking for an OS 9 version of SNES9x? 13 years, 9 months ago #1035

Seems the file is corrupted. If you have xcode you could compile the source version.

Otherwise you'll have to wait for someone else to reply -- I'm sure there's someone here with an OS 9 version they can mirror.

EDIT: there's an older version here (that works).
Last Edit: 13 years, 9 months ago by mossy_11.

Re:I'm Looking for an OS 9 version of SNES9x? 13 years, 9 months ago #1037

I probably have a version on my TiBook, but it's packed up to head to Vegas with me for the week, so I can't post anything immediately. On the plus side, if necessary I will have it with me and may be able to post from the road.

Re:I'm Looking for an OS 9 version of SNES9x? 13 years, 9 months ago #1057

Being my first post here....

I'll peek into my old backups. I have stuff going back to OS 7.6 items.
If I see it in a few days I'll let you know. I'm sure I have one and many more.

Re:I'm Looking for an OS 9 version of SNES9x? 13 years, 9 months ago #1105

Sorry, I looked through 30+ CDRs from 1999 to 2004 backups. I cannot find any of the SNES9x emus.
Found everything else you'd need though.

Good luck.

Re:I'm Looking for an OS 9 version of SNES9x? 13 years, 9 months ago #1117

Ok after an hour and a half I have found dead link after dead link. I found a version history with working links for BeOs though. I also checked all the emulation groups I use on Usenet and the Mac Groups (I posted requests). I found Linux Distros.

The file name I kept finding for version 1.39 OS9/X.1 is: snes9x.sit-binhex.hqx

Every site had a link to that but they were all dead from 2002

I had some downtime while I was processing some files across the network and watching dvd's.

Re:I'm Looking for an OS 9 version of SNES9x? 13 years, 9 months ago #1121

As I said, I believe rather conclusively I have a copy of something that will work if anyone is still looking, but because it's on a machine that is no longer my primary, I don't want to bother digging it out, testing it, and posting it if nobody is interested anymore.

Re:I'm Looking for an OS 9 version of SNES9x? 13 years, 9 months ago #1123

The latest I have on my HDs right now is SNES9x 1.29, the "official" version at that time done by John Stiles. I can see if I have any newer versions (I kept fairly good backups throughout my computing time, but emulation files are scattered for some reason).

Edit: Scratch that - I also have SNES9X Custom v142.47 (as noted on my file). This one was at the time external to John Stiles' effort and focused more on speed and features than accuracy. But I guarantee it will work for you in OS 9. PM me and I'll email it to ya (zipped). I'll provide both 1.41 and 1.42 in case one version has issues that the other does not.

Re:I'm Looking for an OS 9 version of SNES9x? 13 years, 8 months ago #1207

I'm not done yet. Somewhere I know I had a copy of the "Pirate" issue of MacAddict that had it on there from 1999. It's got to be here somewhere in my collection.

Re:I'm Looking for an OS 9 version of SNES9x? 13 years, 8 months ago #1214

DJ Hot Wheel wrote:
I'm not done yet. Somewhere I know I had a copy of the "Pirate" issue of MacAddict that had it on there from 1999. It's got to be here somewhere in my collection.

The ones I have work in OS 9, and are far more complete and compatible than anything from 1999. ^_^

Re:I'm Looking for an OS 9 version of SNES9x? 13 years, 8 months ago #1216

I just found out that SNES9x 1.43 is available at Macintosh Garden.

I can verify that the download link works and the archive is not corrupted. I can't test the app right now, though.

Here's a link.

Re:I'm Looking for an OS 9 version of SNES9x? 13 years, 7 months ago #1396

1.43 was the last one that I maintained for OS 9.

Time to create page: 0.19 seconds