Welcome, Guest
April Fools Day / Downtime
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: April Fools Day / Downtime

April Fools Day / Downtime 9 years, 12 months ago #3934

April Fools Day has always been a weird day for MacScene. We've reported fake news and gotten great traffic for it, we've recapped the Mac Emulation rumors and roundups and gotten great traffic for it, we've even totally redesigned the site just for one day (and gotten great traffic for it; wonder if anyone remembers the "pink design").

Today I spent the day collecting Pokémon and wondering why Android makers make gloves. And then I noticed that traffic here at MacScene was through the roof. I quickly ran to Google Analytics to see what was the matter, and noticed that I couldn't really decipher the sudden massive amount of traffic.

So, to those who are visiting MacScene for the first time; I'm convinced you are time travelers are missed some of our previous posts by a few years. And to those who are MacScene regulars, see if you can figure out why our traffic is now ten times that which we've ever seen before.

Update: Looks like we were maxing out the hosting, so I've upgraded the hosting to the next level which should lead to a more stable site. Sorry for the downtime.
Last Edit: 9 years, 12 months ago by Niemann.

Time to create page: 0.09 seconds