Welcome, Guest
Polls
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Polls

Polls 14 years, 3 months ago #307

Might as well reintroduce the polls suggestion/discussion thread.

At present, where's the NEC love? Bandai? Okay, granted, neither was prolific, but the PCE and WS are two of my favorite consoles on at least a couple levels

Re:Polls 14 years, 2 months ago #492

I am very disappointed in a majority of you all.

verydissapointed.gif

Click for a larger image.
Last Edit: 14 years, 2 months ago by IUG.

Re:Polls 14 years, 2 months ago #493

You want the IPs of all those who voted for 'What's Marathon'? We can ban them from the site.
Last Edit: 14 years, 2 months ago by Niemann.

Re:Polls 14 years, 2 months ago #494

More likely that I would use it to track them down, and educate da foo's.

Re:Polls 14 years, 2 months ago #495

I also voted "What's Marathon", but it was more of a joke. I more or less do know what Marathon is, but since I never really played it, I can hardly vote for my favorite game

EDIT:
IUG, your post probably would have had even more impact if you had a sound sample from the movie "A Fish Called Wanda". I mean the scene where Otto and Wanda open the safe and see that it's empty and Otto (played by Kevin Kline in an Oscar winning performance) says: "DISAPPOINTED!"
Last Edit: 14 years, 2 months ago by M.I.K.e.

Re:Polls 14 years, 2 months ago #496

Oh dear. Now it's definitely getting the "Mac Classics Reborn" treatment (when I get around to it).

Re:Polls 14 years, 2 months ago #498

"You want the IPs of all those who voted for 'What's Marathon'? We can ban them from the site."

Well now there was no option to say "Who cares" It's a FPS so without the option of "Who Cares" I figured "What Is" was the next best option and boy did I vote

Re:Polls 14 years, 2 months ago #499

Pixelcade; your IP has been noted, encrypted, stored, filed away, re-encrypted, blind encrypted, INSERTed, encoded, printed, burned, tattooed, restructured, reordered, reINSERTed, and put away in safe-keeping.

By the way, your avatar is the first ever that actually made me jump (when I was coding the site and rewriting some avatar storing code). What's it from?

Re:Polls 14 years, 2 months ago #500

Good thing I use Tor so you keep that IP It's the Dark Overlord from Howard the Duck. Right before he becomes the monster and is craving POWER!!!! I know, I know he hates FPS games but LOVES Howard the Duck. The elevator is stuck somewhere with the doors opening and closing.
Last Edit: 14 years, 2 months ago by Pixelcade.

Re:Polls 14 years, 1 month ago #517

For reference, I never played much Marathon, certainly not enough to pick a favorite, but I still occasionally pull it out when discussion turns to Halo or Goldeneye being the first best multiplayer FPS

Re:Polls 14 years, 1 month ago #524

The first multiplayer FPS was MidiMaze on the Atari ST (up to 16 computers linked with MIDI cables). That was a very long time before Doom...

Re:Polls 14 years, 1 month ago #539

I'm glad I missed this poll... I've played all 3 Marathons, and went "meh" to each of them. I preferred to play Avara, Bolo, and when I wanted non-network play, the EV series. I also have fond memories of Apache Strike.

I've never been a FPS guy, and was writing areas for MUDs at the time Marathon came out -- the FPS nature didn't excite me, and the plot line was WAY weaker than the stuff I was involved in (point & click shooters can never be as plot intensive as a text-based game). Plus, it wasn't multiplayer. I'd been playing multiplayer (networked) games on the Mac since 1988.

Re:Polls 14 years, 1 month ago #543

About the current poll:
I voted for Opera, because I thought that this excellent browser might get very few votes.
In reality I'm using Opera, Safari, and Camino, but it's not possible to vote that way.

Re:Polls 14 years, 1 month ago #584

For the current poll, what if your computer is a PC, but hacked to be a Mac? (And is about 2 years old).

Re:Polls 14 years, 1 month ago #588

IUG wrote:
For the current poll, what if your computer is a PC, but hacked to be a Mac? (And is about 2 years old).

There should be an "I'm special" category for you.
lol

Re:Polls 14 years, 1 month ago #633

Ahhh, yes. I remember the hackintosh thread

I also remember overhauling a vintage old-world PowerMac video box into a G4 backup desktop capable of running WoW. Fun times

Re:Polls 14 years, 1 month ago #658

Nice poll this time! I would be very curious to see the age brackets of those that vote.

Re:Polls 14 years, 1 month ago #664

With about sixty votes the split is currently exactly 50-50.

Re:Polls 14 years, 1 month ago #690

How many voted on the Hardware/Emulation poll? Lets hear it for all you real classic gamers out there!

Re:Polls 14 years, 1 month ago #692

The final count was near 100 votes, and the authentic hardware group came away with a slight edge in the end. Sort of surprising for a site that began devoted to purely emulation.

Time to create page: 0.25 seconds