Welcome, Guest
Archive
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Archive

Re: Archive 12 years, 2 months ago #3107

Niemann wrote:
Here's the Archive Team (might give you an idea of some of the features coming your way):

menace690 - Database Engineer and Maintenance

Craig - Frontend Development, Design

Adam - Documentarian, News

Mucx - Design

mossy_11 - News

Niemann - Gone. <-- I ate him. What? He's a carrot. I like carrots. Especially Full Carrots.

Auston - Mobile Development
Last Edit: 12 years, 2 months ago by Squishy Tia.

Re: Archive 12 years, 2 months ago #3147

Has byuu contributed SNES gamebox cover scans to Archive? Or is his project totally separate? If it's separate, it would be neat to convince him to submit his work to Archive.vg. But I would understand if he didn't considering the work he went through and the money he spent to achieve it.
Last Edit: 12 years, 2 months ago by rented mule.

Re: Archive 12 years, 2 months ago #3148

He hasn't we could always ask, but, as Archive will be user contributed I trust the best stuff out there on the web will end up with us anyway. Thats the beauty of what we are doing. Passionate people who want the best stuff gathered for games they like

Re: Archive 12 years, 2 months ago #3158

Re: Archive 12 years, 2 months ago #3159

Nice! Looks awesome.

Re: Archive 12 years, 2 months ago #3160

Yes! Screenshots! Looking great!

Re: Archive 12 years, 2 months ago #3179

Looking very lovely guys - great work!!

Re: Archive 12 years, 2 months ago #3180

Niemann wrote:

I plan on sharing a bit about the site once a day or once every few days here

Wow, 2-3 Weeks with no new bits about the site.

Re: Archive 12 years, 2 months ago #3181

I've dropped hints on Twitter, Facebook, our IRC chat, as well as other topics in this forum. Guess I got a little sneaky.

I can say that we just decided to expand the Archive from just retro games to all gaming (including iOS, web-based, and even WiiU). We have some large companies very interested in our work, and we plan on competing with the big established sites on day one.

Things have been very busy, and development, design, content creation, database organization, etc. has been going full speed ahead. It's been really awesome working with this team.

Re: Archive 12 years, 2 months ago #3182

One of the upcoming features of the site.

ScreenShot2012-02-24at10.24.12AM.png

Re: Archive 12 years, 2 months ago #3186

Niemann wrote:
I've dropped hints on Twitter, Facebook, our IRC chat, as well as other topics in this forum.

What is the Twitter and Facebook name?

Re: Archive 12 years, 1 month ago #3192

Sorry about that. Much has been said on my personal accounts, but here are the official Facebook and Twitter links:

twitter.com/archivevg

www.facebook.com/pages/The-Archive/240706732678873

We definitely need to work on our social media presence. Anyone have experience with that sort of thing?

Re: Archive 12 years, 1 month ago #3193

My experience of Twitter following is that regular updates count for a lot (demonstrating an active project/company) but that too many updates can be off putting (IMO).

For the record, I follow both the the Macscene and Archive Twitter accounts and feel they could be far more active. I hear more out of Mucx and Mossy...hell, even SpeedOfMac!
Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by dickmedd.

Re: Archive 12 years, 1 month ago #3194

There's a MacScene Twitter account? Wow.

/me investigates.

Update: Forgot we had that.
Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by Niemann.

Re: Archive 12 years, 1 month ago #3195

I'd be happy to help out, then again, it's probably not worth sticking an extra body in the chain.

Updates for front page articles, emulator db updates and notable threads might be enough.
Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by dickmedd.

Re: Archive 12 years, 1 month ago #3202

The launch of Archive is only weeks away...

...by the way, the konami coda has been implemented at the Archive. An oldie but always fun.

Re: Archive 11 years, 11 months ago #3337

Just checking, I haven't inadvertently missed the Blue Key thing have I?

The site now says that you've stopped giving out beta invites? Is that post-Blue Key or just the Blue Key codes?

Re: Archive 11 years, 11 months ago #3338

Beta == Blue Key. We've had some confusion about that, didn't expect the waiting period to be so long. We are practically ready for launch, and are now just going over details of the site and perfecting our API / backend systems. Our goal is to launch alongside the OpenEmu project.

Re: Archive 11 years, 11 months ago #3339

You really need to stop saying you're almost ready for launch. You've said that many many times in the past and it never turns out to be true.
Last Edit: 11 years, 11 months ago by IUG.

Re: Archive 11 years, 11 months ago #3340

The "almost ready" to launch sounds like it's already finished and just need a month of fine tuning and stuff for the release, but this project have like 1 and half year in the "almost ready" state which is complete utter BS.

And sorry for sounding like an a$$ again (and i did sound like it in my first thread about "Archive.vg") but you are just being unprofessional with the teasing.

The community appreciate your work in this project but stop with the "almost ready" stuff already.

Time to create page: 0.33 seconds